1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. i dont think anyone finds it amusing... sometimes we make light of a dark situation because if we didn't we would lose our minds... but i do see where you are coming from. i worry coz me lil bros live in china but i also worry in general.. but being the boy i a am. i make jokes when its often not the best course of action...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. It’s not funny......and I did say the deaths were regrettable. However I do think a little perspective has to be applied.

• Like Like x 1
  3. If those predictions are correct -and they might well be wrong- it would mean 1.4million cases in six weeks time, and almost 3million the week after that!

4. (I’m not being facetious but) How does that compare with the Ebola epidemic a couple of years ago?

5. Over two years, a total of 28,616 cases of EVD and 11,310 deaths were reported in Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone.

6. I’ve just ‘un watched’ the British Indy, What Happens Now Thread’. It’s over fellas, as of Friday. Time we moved on me thinks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Agreed :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I've had a telephone interview for a consulting role for a project in the Middle East. Now I'm off to the cinema to see 1917 :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. It's way out of proportion - more people will have died in the US of flu this morning than have died of corona virus (81k per year).

Like you say, it's down as one of the viruses associated with the common cold.

10. Tax return sent / done and dusted for another year,just about to post the cheque off.:upyeah:

11. Let us know if it’s any different to the last time you saw it :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Today I have visited a firm called AutoCar, whose depot is near the Elephant and Castle, London SE1. I have ordered a Newtronic ignition system to replace the many-years-old one on my MotoGuzzi, and they promised to supply in a couple of days. It is not really a shop, more an office and store, but the guy there is prepared to sell stuff retail if he has it in stock. He was quite helpful, actually. They supply ignitions for many models of bikes and cars, but not Ducatis. Their product used to be called PIRANHA at one time.

https://autocar-electrical.co.uk/newtronic-product-guide

#62572 Pete1950, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Managed to reduce my cholesterol level from high to average over the last six months by changing my diet.
    No prescribed drugs and next test in twelve months.
    :)

• Like Like x 9
  14. That's funny for you. However it was an excellent if harrowing film. Our/this generation do not know how lucky they are.

On the way back SWMBO asked we visit a flooring company in town and now we've ordered oak flooring for the hallway. Hopefully it'll be fitted next week when I'm away.

On the plus side I've just eaten half a "pomelo" which up until yesterday I'd never even heard of. It was lovely :)

15. Recovering from a weird tooth/jaw infection:confounded::mask:, so not working. Decided to stop being bored and fit the new Evotech tail tidy & oil-rad guard to the Hyper. Bit of wire moving, shortening & connector fettling for the tidy - glad I've got stuff like heatshrink and my natty butane heatgun (Weller Pyropen):). Trimmed down the mahoosive number plate to the legal minimum too, so all in all much tidier:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Due to an unfortunate spacing error while booking our holiday this year, I am now looking forward to a week on the Norfolk B roads

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. I had great time on the broads a few years back. Cruising around at a leisurely pace fishing, eating and drinking. Very relaxed and chilled few days, will do it again one day. The b roads may be different of course.

• Love You Love You x 1
  18. Trump called then ?

• Like Like x 1
  19. No, Loz :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. today i met @Ash34 and got some wheels for my 748.. ti turned into a bit more of a mission than planned, what bank is closed on a tuesday? the one i met him near obviously....but i have some nice wheels!!!!
    cheers Ash!! it was a shame i couldn't stick around longer due to the work thing.
    cool dude who i could chat with for ages about bikes n stuff...

#62580 chizel, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
Do Not Sell My Personal Information