1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Somewhere between all of them ;)

2. To be honest up until the last year or so I thoroughly enjoyed my job. I dealt with the Far East/Australia when I got up, the UK business in the morning, and the USA/Canada in the afternoon and evening. Work used to be fun.

However the last 12-18 months took it’s toll. I was spending too much time in the air, away from my family.

I was also getting increasingly frustrated at level of bureaucracy being piled on to the sales and project process, and those involved were just “jobs worth” who weren’t really interested in developing projects but just interested in ticking boxes and covering their arses.

It was that final realisation that pushed me to the decision to retire early.

Do I regret it? Do I hell. :)

• Like Like x 5
  3. I realised today, how lucky I am to be over 50.

My generation could fuck up and make fools of ourselves and there was no social media to revel in our discomfort....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I just called Experian to get my credit score and I heard laughing in the background.

Sounds like a really cool place to work.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Why? To stop vibrations? Just curious and love to learn.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Still sat on a boat possibly allowed off in the morning into what I do not know hopefully lockdowns don’t kick off everywhere or I’m stuffed :joy:

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Congratulations and wishing you many more in good health!

8. Yes it is an experiment to see if it prevents vibration through the bar.
    I get grief in my right hand on long trips, also prolonged exposure to vibration, can cause vibration white finger, a repetitive strain injury. I am doing a 100 mile run tomorrow, will feedback results.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. 74 in a 50 springs to mind what do your weetabix taste like :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Hope everything ok !

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. In the garage nice and early this morning to prep the Multistrada for a few days riding around Wales. Sadly the 1098R lightweight forged wheels with the M7RRs have to come off :sob: and the OE cast (iron) wheels with Roadtec 01s fitted. All finished and now trying to find a hairdresser for a hair cut, I make Worzel Gummige look neat and tidy :D Andy

13. Maybe you should become the PM? Sounds like you look the same, but you have an interest in Wales which could be benificial.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. I like to think I carry my weight a little better than BoJo :D Yes, I do have an interest in Wales, my girlfriend is Welsh and her mum still lives in South Wales and it is a great place to visit, which I do, regularly. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I collected another ducati yesterday evening and was up at 6am this morning removing the fairings & viewing / cleaning it,why are Ducati owners so bloody messy with their maintenance.?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dear diary, finally got my hair cut. Trying to remember when I last saw my hairdresser and I think it was early January, just before my birthday. Feels great and I now look more related to homosapien than Bigfoot or Yeti. Sat in Nero's having a toasted sandwich and a coffee and watching the world (in Basingstoke town centre) go by. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  17. Camera broken ?
    o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. It's having a sabbatical.;)

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information