1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I have an Observer assessment on Wednesday and tried to reccy a route I put together from Street View. Since Google vans surveyed one of the roads on the route, Highways England have cut it in two with a brand new dual carriageway bypass ... that isn’t actually open. Bugger ! Still, was a great day for a meander through Berkshire’s highways and byways. I’ll just have to rejig things and go out again tomorrow. Silver linings and all that. Andy

2. I realised today that I'm at the delusional stage of my life where everyone my age looks way older than I do.....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. I’m not sure on the Toyota it has a 5 year warranty but from what I read the engine is PAS not Toyota.

I’ve had a VW T4 but they seem overpriced for a work van pre loved as the lifestylers like to convert them into day/camper vans which inflates the price beyond my threshold.

I’ll probably stick with Mercedes.

4. Merc are good used to work for them, just borrowed the Toyota a few times from my Mrs place and they always seem like a good van for the money.

5. Agreed my Vito on 160k has been a brilliant workhorse but needs replacing as it’s getting long in the tooth.

I’m really tempted by the Toyota as with a long warranty it would see me close to slowing down both my work load and the heavier lift jobs I undertake from time to time.

I might try a test drive in the Toyota.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vito injectors........... black death ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. I seem to recall that on the earlier Vito’s mines a 62 face lift with the same engine as a Sprinter and different headlights.

8. E8B2D705-8B5B-4DC0-B6E4-85440AB61C8D.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  9. It was the earlier ones the bastards use to blow past the injectors creating a black tar like mess which was not healthy when in the cab, stinking.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. 191E4D51-72BD-49B6-BA78-D5E767D032E5.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  11. Stone balancing, new hobby or re visiting a previous attempt? Looks great:upyeah: keep it up :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Yesterday afternoon no 3 developed a cough. No 2 and Mrs work in education, key workers. Yesterday evening we decide to do the right thing and self isolate. So. Go online to get a test slot.
    Twickenham is nearest centre. Shows 60 spaces available. Great. No, not great. You can’t get a slot for over 2 weeks.
    After several hours of trying And at 01:00 this morning we had three choices. Hull, Rhondda valley or Newtown Powis were the closest sites to us that had any availability. The last one had the latest appointment at 11:30 this morning.
    So drove to mid Wales and back after 4 hours sleep with a sick kid in the back. 180 miles each way.
    What a fucking shambles.
    The test centre people were great though.
    You have been warned.
    Now just got to wait 72 hours for the results if they don’t loose them. :mad::mad::mad:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  13. Wow, that is a serious hassle? Has it been like that in the UK the whole time?
    We have drive through centres here, not that I've been, but pretty much no wait times and 24-48hrs for the result. To be fair though, we have a lot less cases at this point so that will make a big diff...

14. Mate it’s a shit job. You try and do the right thing but it’s not made easy. I have been in the car for nearly 8 hours today with a poorly kid. Disgrace.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. that’s shite was not that bad in MK last week as I had couple of the employees go for tests

16. I tried every major city south of Sheffield/Stoke on Trent. MK sent us to Twickenham where...... no tests!!!
    Think the system is Fubared. My bro lives in TW and he got his kid tested a week or so ago no probs.
    I don’t even thunk she has it. More like tonsillitis but fever and cough so better safe than sorry and become a transmitter.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Nah, arms still not quite long enough

752718EE-2F33-493D-BE57-A9E1FA0930F9.jpeg 693E8EEC-84DA-4C75-A1D2-58CCD5D91F0C.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
    • Love You Love You x 3
  18. Possibly

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information