1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Had a short spin for a work appointment, bit chilly and slightly slippy on the front but no drama :upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
  2. poor bloke is in a lot of pain and no one can visit of course apart from one designated - his brother.

3. Bless him send him a big ducbird get well please

• Like Like x 2
  4. Secretaries aren't what they used to be.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Out at 4 am here every day:), wait for the Sun what’s that look like.:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Does your grass grow that quickly?

7. I certainly will.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I do get back problems sciatica I think , recently struggled badly for about 5 days

9. Still on boat be in Portsmouth 10-15 then got to get out of the port, my hotel is Luton north Hilton £40 I guess hotels are struggling obviously especially near airports...busy tomorrow morning in Bedfordshire or I’d be darting home can’t wait to get back to normal life kind of ... until 2 weeks today when I’m scheduled back on this boat but that looks like it could change ... by the way the bars are shut on Brittany ferries just in case it bothers anyone travelling in the near future as France has bars locked down

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sorry to hear, I can identify with that.

11. Bad i
    bad isn’t it Chris, it came from nowhere absolutely a nightmare

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sounds awful. Ibuprofen might help?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Trouble is I get asthma and ibuprofen can trigger a tight chest ... it’s just something to live with but it’s pretty stressful when it comes if I’m committed to a schedule I can’t just drop

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. There's many of us on here, and some a lot worse than me, it's been a great help to me knowing that. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Grass was a bit longer than I like it and slightly damp. Best to cut it down in stages.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Thanks. Build it up slowly. When I started doing press-ups over a year ago I started by doing 3! Yes 3. Then I added 1 every day.
    I got to 30 then started doing them in batches of 30 and was doing 120 daily, sometimes 150 and once or twice 180. Then Covid hit and since I’ve been doing 30 per day but occasionally 50 because I can’t do 60.

If you build it up steadily it’s surprising what’s possible. My aim is 120 a day again.

I’m isolating, I have to do something. It’s so boring and sitting around just makes me more and more lethargic.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Since lockdown one I’ve been doing fairly regular exercises with weights. Most days I’ll do a variety of exercises (around 5 disciplines) in 3 lots of 30 reps, which usually takes about an hour or so. Then I finish off with planking for 2 mins. Things have got a bit firmer......which tbh they needed to.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Must have misunderstood that last bit. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. What do you mean since lockdown, it only started today!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information