1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. that’s good news thanks Carr

• Like Like x 1
  2. Me prepped for the Tesco local!
    6A6994AB-6358-4392-8DF6-45EC71D7FD47.jpeg
    :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Don’t forget your gloves
    Hands face space :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. When Harvey Nicholls opened in Leeds back in the mid 90’s, me and a group of friends decided to go and have a wander round, just to be nosy.

Those paper suits (exactly the same I kid you not) were on sale in the Menswear “clubbing” section (this was the era of bands like The Shamen and KLF etc).

Have a guess for how much they were up for sale for?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sure I remember being discussed on here must be 8 mnths ago, a motorcyclist being arrested for riding up a motorway hard shoulder the wrong way having been followed at extreme speeds. Well he pleaded guilty and has been sentenced to 46 weeks detention. Andy

#72726 Android853sp, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Harvey Nics, Leeds, mid 90’s I’d say 30, 30 of your queen pounds?

7. They were £99 each.....................and I'm not joking!

The week before I'd bought a leather document case from Fenwicks in Newcastle for £25. The same one (brand, colour, size etc) was £250 in Harvey Nicks that day!

8. Finished the build on the westy, dropped of the stands and moved under its own power for the first time.
    IAV applied for and hopefully will be enjoying driving this summer.
    Viv even included a bin in the shots just for you. FAF6F367-98BD-40F2-A28A-B00B3BCBABBE.jpeg 3E8221A3-F1DF-4AED-B4EE-55C0B6968C27.jpeg 32D64D8C-067B-49DB-A3D5-2883FD283A24.jpeg AAB451E2-B3D8-434B-AC81-272D1FFC7D8F.jpeg 36F70D8F-0764-4915-91D7-663B0906EE43.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Well it been eventful.

First thing we called our 7yo grandson up in Scotland to wish him happy birthday.

Then I had to go to the supermarket as swmbo is shielding again.

Then I had to go to the docs for my 4th b12 injection. Came home had lunch then went for a 4 mile walk in the snow.

Unfortunately when we got home we had a call to say that a very good friend had died this morning from cancer. It was expected but it still isn't nice to hear :(

• Love You Love You x 1
  10. Sorry for your loss Terry.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Always sad to lose a family / friend member,much sure you raise a toast in his honour tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Have been playing around with photos and some slide show editing software. Couldn't find any decent royalty free music so started up the 748 to get the soundtrack :)

• Like Like x 4
  13. Plumbed in a new pair of bathroom hand basin taps for Carole and sat down to a ribeye steak with green pepper sauce and a glass or two of a very pleasant Merlot :yum Andy

• Like Like x 2
  14. Carol’s one lucky girl for sure, eh Andy
    :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 42 is a very low heart rate think mines 60 at rest.

16. Witnessed a pretty bad car/van accident yesterday on my way home up the A14 near Kettering.

Van didn’t see the stopped lines of vehicles in front and tried to bail into the exit lane taking out some poor fckr minding his own business. Van driver was on the phone as he passed me just before the incident, car driver was proper shocked un injured but took him about 5 minutes to exit his now wrecked car.

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. I agree but was discussing on Wednesday while they were connecting me up and slowly "raising the revs" how high blood pressure and bpm are (quite rightly) concentrated on and efforts are made to rectify, but when lower it's actually harder to diagnose. First thing people tend to say is, wow, you must exercise regularly as your results are like a top-flite athelete but as you know, my exercise is nothing compared to Drinky on here, and i'm still in the overweight bracket.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BFE0B3D4-F80B-4258-95AB-11F1C2F9CAD1.jpeg
    Bastard!

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information