1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Looking at the ebay item when the till rang the VAT was collected by them so a little confused right now.The seller said no additional fees as under the £135 mark.?
    Well if it's too much on the day and it really should only be a handling fee & no more than that i'll reject the parcel and never buy goods from the EU ever again.

P.S Happy Birthday.:party::beer::upyeah:

#72821 XH558, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  2. Thank you for the birthday wishes. I’ve been reading about the new tax collection regime now the UK have left the EU. Some EU retailers have responded negatively to the additional HMRC bureaucracy and stopped exporting to the UK. I still don’t understand the set up but if your retailer has done the paperwork then hopefully no VAT but and it’s a big BUT, some couriers have added a blanket handling charge, regardless of whether they have to do any additional work. Fingers crossed for you. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I’ve submitted the first snagging list to the
    Thats about the size of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The one at the top looks a little surprised. I usually end up sleeping whenever I go fishing.

5. Fitted the Evotech brake guard, I hate it! But I also have a set of the normal replaceable Evotech weighted bar ends so I’ll only use the brake guard for trackdays.

C415DF44-ED1E-46C8-B03C-79C2C366BA59.jpeg

Also looked at the bike for a while and imagined those summer days where I could go out on it!!!!

The bike looks so lovely with its shiny Ohlins TTX and Carbon swingarm protector etc

50136698-78ED-4D42-AAF8-A09B23282DB3.jpeg

8083347E-A92A-461E-8817-7775EA1B58D8.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  6. Let’s all hope it doesn’t go the same as buying from the USA.
    I often buy bike related items from the USA and you always get really hit hard by the charges.
    The UK system allows any charges to include the postal cost and USA postal charges are crazy.
    So if you buy say a gas tank for say $300 dollars and it costs $250 dollars to post to the UK, the UK government now say the value of the gas tank is $550 and charge you the tax and import duty on the value being $550 dollars which is a totally unfair system. Oh and of course the Royal Mail add there handling fees on top so sometimes what started as a purchase of say $300 dollars as ended up costing me maybe as much as $700 or more to finally get the item.

#72826 speedy gonzales, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. The only thing that i bought from the states was 5 years ago,a new rotor for the Buell and they hit me with £40/50 on top which i thought was crazy considering the item wasn't that expensive in the first place,never again.!
    I do have a man that's on the long haul flights for B.A,so maybe in the future when things get back to normality i'll ask him.

8. Ordered a new van which will be with me next week. A Ford Transit Custom with auto box and 185ps engine.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I hope you got a fantastic deal on the RRP,:thinkingface:...........in Essex white.?

10. No silver. I got 9k+ off list price with Ford discount, dealer discount and an F1 discount which you can get if you're vat registered and pay cash. I was pretty happy with that.

I had to have silver as it was the only new auto they had in stock otherwise it was a 3-4 month wait. This one had a few extras fitted as well, adaptive cruise control, folding roof rack and security locks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Nice! Silvers the best colour for sure! I’ve been looking at the new transit 4x4! Looks a good bit of kit!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Happy birthday Andy
    Your not on my list otherwise you would have been in the birthday thread :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Lovely sunny skies here the last couple days

062B23D7-364A-424B-B984-E7614F778ED1.jpeg B0D425D1-A2E0-4EE3-A396-D0D6E967378A.jpeg

A46FF064-AE58-45DB-BD9B-E279132A7E0B.jpeg

3F650625-0642-4433-AA3F-3B1AB2F1CBA6.jpeg

0058B693-31EC-4E20-9F83-C68B862BC115.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Wow that's some discount i didn't expect,maybe the state of the economy perhaps:thinkingface:,anyway pictures as & well you can.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Same here in Vietnam. Never understood why I should pay import duty on the transport cost and then GST on the lot. Just a bloody money making racket.

16. Spent the last two hours taking the kitchen sink plumbing apart as the wife poured hot fat down it for an as yet undetermined reason. I’ll ask in the morning although she must have been wondering what all the noise was about. Time for bed :confused::mad::rolleyes:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Came downstairs around 6.30am, made a cuppa, sat in the garden room and read stuff on the iPad.

When it became light the back garden and patio areas looked dry and clear so I had a thought I’d get out on the bike this morning for a change. :)

Took SWMBO a cup of tea in bed at 8.10am, pulled back the bedroom curtains to see that at the front of the house the front garden, car and road are covered in a thick frost. And there was evidence that it had snowed at some point too. :bucktooth:

That’s put the kibosh on going out on the bike today methinks. :(

18. There's nothing like crack opening the curtains in the morning....said the late Nicky Hayden.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Fillet, de bone and take the skin off, fry in butter.
    The fishery offers a smoking service, might try that next time.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information