1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Catching fish keeps you awake,

2. I didnt realize we were allowed out to play yet? - are we or arent we....ive not really looked at the rules yet tbh....i just stay in....

3. northern lightweight. When it gets a bit chilly in Somerset we just man up and get on with a bike ride.......

8CFB4FA1-60AF-417D-BB83-32CAED2E7A53.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. I got a good nights sleep - for probably the first time in literally years.....over the last 10 years weve had about 6 different matresses all either firm or medium.....ranging from memory foam, sprung and the latest one was an emma mattress which we bought just before xmas. That, i needed to take 500mg of Naproxen just to get through the night - so have asked for it to be collected. (theyve got a good returns service) i say that as theyve not fucking collected it yet!

Bit the bullet and my final gamble was to get a top of the range tempur mattress (soft) as every time ive brought up the bad back conversation the reply has always been "youre mattress is too soft..." so thought fuck it...order a soft as clearly medium and firm mattresses arent working....waddaya know....i slept....and not only that, if i manage to make it through the night then a sore lower back will force me out of bed no matter what (and to get to that point i usually wake up at 3am ish and have to literally do a Mr fucking motivator work out to get rid of the pain).....not this morning....first time for as long as i can remember i chose to get out of bed....and wasnt forced to....all hail Tempur matresses....

As a quality guide....taking the emma mattress downstairs was light, and like moving a slab of foam...relatively easy. Taking the tempur mattress upstairs was like pulling a slab of putty....id hazzard 4 times heavier than the emma mattress...

Edit - not cheap though...2.2k for a fucking mattress....but, after one night on it....it was worth it...and i might add my wife just read through the instruction manual and, so it says....the more you sleep on it the better it gets as the memory foam when loaded, gets more maluable.....its just the gift that keeps on giving....

#72844 comfysofa, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Picked this up

Screenshot_20210123_134848_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210123_134845_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210123_134840_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  6. Remember to plan fuel stops, I only managed 60 miles on a tank on a test ride :joy::joy: Hooligan bike, have fun :upyeah: Andy

• Like Like x 1
  7. And all after drinking 8 pints of scrumpy ;)

8. Every fucker else goes out. The roads are chocka!

9. It seems like it but I'm not going to add to the problem...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Fitted an oil cooler guard (cleaned it now)

806F4A4C-2A0F-4A14-9606-0961C3A60C10.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  11. It had broken I had tied it to the fence then took the picture :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  12. I left a message with a local garage to get my 600ss MOT'd - he phoned this morning to say if I brought it down he would do it today. Said yes then realised it was still below freezing and had rained last night :(
    I reckon it is over 30 years since I have ridden a motorbike in such conditions (never used to worry!). Anyway took it easy and didn't fall off. Gave it a good clean afterwards :)
    DSC_4571s.jpg DSC_4574s.jpg DSC_4575s.jpg DSC_4576s.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  13. Lovely low mileage.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Removed the fruity exhaust and refitted the original to my ST3 before it gets swapped for my new ride that’s coming next week

• Like Like x 1
  15. Beautiful they are great bikes :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Quite! 137 miles per annum - I think I've increased the average slightly although not the last year!

17. If i'm ever down your way then i might pop into see it sometime.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'm assuming it passed?
    My 600ss is due a MOT next month . I bought it back last Feb, think I've done about 1k miles on it .Such a fun bike .

• Like Like x 1
  19. We've got our grandsons 9th birthday party on zoom later. Theme is Cluedo.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Popped over to see the folks today and Swept the snow from driveway,fresh air and exercise on sunday is good for the mindset.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information