1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. The defence sent a email or letter into the court for it tobe adjourned ( we've not seen sight of this letter and the contents as yet ) but the Plantiff was not notified by the court or the defence in this matter regarding this change, so another wasted exercise for me and them......round three in what six weeks time.

2. Nothing like getting things off your chest is there.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Looks lovely and warm there today, unlike the icy wintry arctic blasts us northerners are enjoying!

4. I’m thinking that’s a library picture?

5. You could have just posted I had an old boss that lived in Farnham and he was a pillock. :confused:

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. “I had an old boss that lived in Farnham” sounds like the opening line of a Limerick

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. We’ll let ET carry the Limerick on as it was/is his life experience that he quickly got over...........in the end after a century of stewing.o_O

8. Good idea. I was trying to think of the rest of it but didn’t get beyond a second line which went “....who jumped with the Paras at Arnhem”, which almost certainly doesn’t apply to Terry’s erstwhile tormentor

9. I’d forgotten all about him till Farnham was mentioned :)

10. 781F037D-0676-46CC-97FA-6A650A96640D.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  11. Nope it was bloody freezing cold today, i'd forgot my camera so i grabbed one from the library, what the hell i thought it's only you lot.;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Was it a criminal or a civil case. An email or letter wouldn’t normally suffice unless it’s something really serious and last minute.

#73954 Zhed46, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  13. Just a low level civil case around the £10k mark, normal delay / excuse tactics from the otherside, it should be three strikes and your out for this nonsense.Imo

14. Ah ok. The reason I asked is that it is actually very difficult indeed to get any sort of hearing but particularly a trial adjourned not once but 3 times, and the court will also not usually just accept an email or letter but instead require a formal application on notice using form N244. It sounds like someone is not telling you the full story and there is more going on in the background as it would be highly unusual to say the least for a party to be able to pull the wool over the eyes of a hard bitten District Judge not once but 3 times.

15. I've not had that conversation as yet regarding this matter with the friend but i'll do intime.All i know is that they filled a letter of complaint with the court the first time around regarding the handling of the case at their level and also yesterday a second salvo was fired in their direction.What i do know inlife that people generally hang themselves in the end....fingers crossed.

16. This morning we had a run out to get a couple of artisan loaves from a bakery a few miles away. Whilst there we had a nice walk along tbe canal side for an hour or so. Which was nice :)

This afternoon we have just ordered a new boiler for #2 son from a friend who works for Worcester bosch saving £1700 from British Gas's stupidly inflated prices.

17. Well in the eyes of a Sales AM, I've gone from a moron who clearly can't tie his own shoelaces to a political sales genius who has turned a tricky situation 180 degrees to get us out of a hole we didn't dig... all in the space of 5 minutes! Gotta love sales professionals...!

• Like Like x 3
  18. I’ve just had a phone call from a company in Leeds that I (casually and for a laugh) applied to after Xmas for the job of MD.

Apparently, although I only applied for a giggle and the initial meeting was a “get to know you kind of meeting”, I seem to have made the final shortlist of three. :bucktooth:

Trouble is I’m enjoying my free time, and with summer on the way I don’t what to do now :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information