1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Hoe good are you :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. ...also for pin money as i know them very well.

• Love You Love You x 1
  3. I have just read this in the news

3 .7million clinically extremely vulnerable people are being told they might want to avoid unvaccinated people and crowded spaces - a move critics say has “thrown them to the wolves”.

227875F9-F1AC-468F-BBBE-AFAED07C33D9.png

Latest news most of which we already do

#75783 Ducbird, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Twelve years ago I put my Mille R into storage because there were too many other things to ride and I didn’t want to sell it. After selling my handsome - in the eyes of the beholder, perhaps - Morini Granpasso 1200, (bins in background)
    C9713390-3E57-4E4B-8377-B7392CE623CC.jpeg
    I test rode a Morini Scrambler on the importer’s trade plates. He offered me a very tempting deal on the demonstrator that was v.low miles and unregistered, so I’d have been the first owner on the log book and he’d take my Aprilia in a very fair part exchange. However, when I saw the Scrambler in the flesh, the I found the colour scheme to be quite unattractive, looking more dirty rag, than oily rag on the plastic tank and side panels. Also, whereas the Granpasso has a brilliant Ohlins shock, but rubbish, unadjustable, forks, the 13-years newer Scrambler has the same shit forks and a less compliant, cheaper shock. Every mile I rode it on the test ride, all I could think was, ‘the Mille's better than this, all it needs is handlebars’!
    C55D9B58-CBDC-4E73-962A-ACF107E3288E.jpeg A849F006-8D57-4921-8854-5C5376736777.jpeg B90898F2-7902-421F-BE03-DEB25A028841.jpeg

I decided not to do the deal with the importer. I had put the Mille into storage 12 years ago chiefly because in the previous 3 years I’d been to Montlhery, near Paris one year, then down to Dijon-Prenois the following year and finally to Andorra, each time I can recall riding back from Dover, getting to around Stoke or Stafford on the M6 and being almost in tears from the misplaced masochism of undertaking those trips on that bike with that OE clutch that made a Laverda Jota's clutch feel like a faint breeze could disengage it and those clipons when I was in my early to mid 50s.. I loved the bike, but it was simply too painful for me on very long rides - perversely, the seat is probably one of the most comfortable on any sportsbike I've ridden! When I got home, I set about collecting the parts to convert the discomfort into pleasure. Fortunately, Aprilia had shone a torch down the path to take with the Tuono, so much of the guesswork had been taken out of what might be required to get the transformation done right first time. I bought a top yoke with risers from ABM, a sacrificial top fairing from eBay to cut up for the sweep of the new Renthall bars and finally an MPS clutch slave cylinder. Just as I was about to start the conversion, I was offered an immaculate Multistrada 1000 for such a silly price that it just couldn’t be refused and so Project Touring Mille got confined to a dark corner for years, only to be rescued by the disappointment of the Morini Scrambler!

A couple of months ago, I ordered Tuono brake and clutch hoses from Goodrich, new Venhill throttle cables, (much better quality and about half OE price!) even though the standard ones will do the job, after rerouting, they were 21 years old and having the petrol tank and airbox off for rerouting and other recommissioning tasks, it made little sense not to fit fresh ones.

I was lucky enough to find a brace of Tuono screens for the thick end of fuck-all on eBay and they provided a template for the cut lines I’d need to follow to cut the fairing down. A one inch cutting wheel on the Dremel made the task a breeze, with excellent results
    A0788115-4588-47D4-9539-3E2DD8BBD82C.jpeg

Finally, today, the Touring Mille's test ride completed, I have to say, I’m delighted with the outcome! The Mille R may be 21 years old, but is still a joy to ride with its fabulous blend of handling, engine, brakes and for me it is finally comfortable!

87B952BC-DB44-45B6-A45C-1966EBC0AD2D.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  5. Hope everything goes ok @ariel . Had mine removed in 89 with no other treatment offered or available at the time.
    I’m still here so keep your head up.
    My wife spotted it, I thought it was just an itchy pimple, but she cajoled me to see about it, thankfully.
    Just out of interest, how old are you, if you don’t mind me asking.

• Love You Love You x 1
  6. 400 Miles around Wales on my KaTooM 790, blooming hot hot if you’re not above 50 mph.:sun::sun:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I picked a good day do do the second decking! Sweating like a Gypo with a Mortgage. :cold_sweat:

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. I suppose asking your employer if it's ok to casually address those 'bargers' with
    "...fuck off, I need to be protected..."
    may not be in line with company policy. Can you refuse to serve them? Urgh - feel for you being tossed to the tossers!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. A positive start to the day as i've just dropped the van in for a MOT / ABS light flashing etc,:worried:
    Might also get another MOT on the 998 today as well.:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Flashing light for ABS doesn’t sound very good. :confused: Actually sounds expensive:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Well it's the ESP light which's all related in that department, but yes pants down time 4 me.In the meantime i'll check out some old sofas and find some spare cash 4 the impending Doom bill.

12. Just heading out for breakfast at the Honey Street Mill near Pewsey. Should get about 100 miles in before I retreat to my north facing front room as it is slightly cooler than any other room in the house. Bike air temp gauge says 25C already :sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat: Andy

13. Hey Andy, enjoy the ride and don't forget the obligatory bucket routine afterwards.;)
    index.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Thank you for asking broke. It all started with a lump on my foot which was removed in Dec. 2019. In Feb this year the lymph glands in my groin really swelled up with the cancer. All my lymph glands in my groin were cut out in May this year. It has been a nasty experience to say the least.This morning I am having my first imutherapy treatment which is planned for every six weeks. I have just started driving again. Next the Yamaha. I am 86.Perhaps the oldest on the site.

• Love You Love You x 1
  15. I’m going to be sorting out my bike and gear for my impending trip to Northumberland and Scotland for 10 days :)

16. 15 years ago my wife nagged me to go to the docs to get a small lump (about the size of my little finger nail) seen to.

The doctor thought it was a cyst and I had it removed under minor surgery 2 weeks later. The “op” took 5 mins and I was back at my desk in the office 15 mins later.

Six weeks later I received a letter from the doctors and the local hospital saying it wasn’t a cyst but was a Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans and I needed to visit the hospital ASAP to discuss further surgery.

Anyway 4 weeks later I had a further operation and now have a hole on my back 150mm x 100mm x approx. 5mm deep (was originally 18mm deep but pies must have filled it out).

Though I can still feel that it’s there it doesn’t stop me doing anything:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. My old Vito the ESP was down to just a dodgy connection on the rear brakes from when the brake pads were swapped. Worth a check if you’ve time/inclination, Merc tech told me it’s a common problem if your spanner chimp dies a sloppy job.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Glad to hear the pies have helped to fill up the hole!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I doff my cap to you sir.

• Agree Agree x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information