1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Went to Nottingham to pick up a 749r tank.
    4D299C21-5304-4351-94A4-902D7E3629AB.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Went to Thruxton - took a load of photos :)
    DSC_1266.jpg DSC_1268s.jpg DSC_1421s.jpg DSC_1426s.jpg DSC_1427s.jpg DSC_1432s.jpg DSC_1448s.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  3. 35 of us did this route today (in much smaller groups)……all 400 miles of it. Several fuel stops and lunch in Applecross meant it was a full 12 hour day :) 97CC7339-6093-4C9A-B72F-6BABD4054913.jpeg

Tomorrow is a quieter day with just 197 miles planned :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. No, Hamilton won’t be able to be seen in other cars due to his sponsorship with Mercedes.

I’m positive that this is either a replica of the car in Knightsbridge, owned by some Arab dude or was owned by the Arab dude and now sold.

I’m in Mayfair for work/living and I see these idiots all the time.

My favourite Arab/Russian trend is people tinting all their windows including the windscreen with the darkest tint (Limo black) and I can’t emphasise how unsafe that is.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sorry to read this, not the chips of course :). I didn’t realise but sounds like you have got some major pain going on then? I’m going through something possibly similar myself just lately and can’t seem to shake it this time.

6. Just a Nikon DX 55-300mm, attached to a Nikon D7500. Can't justify spending £000s on a fancy lens!

• Like Like x 1
  7. A couple of things going on,
    Carpal tunnel right hand, been going on for a year now had the usual injection in the wrist but no help, hospital are at the stage where an operation should be next but Covid as we all know has slowed things down, spend all this week with a swollen index finger/knuckle pinching the nerve or bone on bone seems to be two things going on with the hand,

Next is a pain above my right eye that doesn't go away its constant 24/7 always a small fuzzy pain which gets more painful on and off thought out the day/week been like this for 11 months now which combined with the hand has given nerve pain in the neck its a constant ache, then when righthand is scrolling a laptop or closed holding a paintbrush etc (Decorator for a living) i can get like an electric shock in the neck which is painful for a split second,

The consultant yesterday is going down the route that the head is setting off the nerves then neck and down to the hand but this is also combined with carpal tunnel at the same time which seems to be confusing the diagnosis, but next step is a
    scan and go from there, must say the injection i had seems today to have given a bit of relief in the neck ache :)

You got some nerve trouble also.

8. That's a whole lot of horrible stuff and you are doing well to keep your patience and your humour, stating the obvious, but I really hope you manage to improve, the eye thing must be driving you round the bend at times. I know a few guitarist mates who got good results after carpal tunnel surgery, I don't think i've experienced it but must be debillitating. Mine is my old friend from 30 years ago which comes and goes over and over but I usually find the reason why it's returned, reasons which I know you will only be too familiar with, like self-imposed stress retaining constant high muscle tension, repetitive strain, remaining in the same position for too long (TV and Computer monitor gazing) and overuse, but this time i'm wondering if it's just old age. It's slowly reeled me in on my cycling almost to a halt now.

9. The restrictions on the choice of the vehicles you drive in life could possibly ruin your mental health over a period of time. We do have that bloke that used to run that very expensive cornershop in SW1X , he has a warehouse full of motorcars parked up in Oxted.

10. General wear and tear of the body over the years combined with what you say repetitive strain, have a zoom call booked in for tomorrow for the hand but cant complain about the time after what's been happening to the NHS this past year,

Funny how people seem to just adapted/work around pain/problems to the body,
    Seen a few of your cycling photos on the bike thread looks like you enjoy it and would be a shame to give it up or maybe just for a while whilst this round of flare ups stops, swap to a motorbike time?

• Like Like x 1
  11. The pain of injuries & arthritis - the curse of growing older for those of us who get/got out & did stuff!

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. A very nice person bought me a lovely full english with this view. 0A8410F8-5ACC-4EDD-B734-F82E40726643.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  13. After a night of passion or leading up to?:)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Wish you a speedy and successful recovery. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hopefully the weather will recover along with your vision by the end of August. GWS

• Like Like x 2
  16. I certain hope not, I’m very fond of Adam, and his riding has come along way , but I’m not that fond of him.

17. What are you lot doing in Yarm???
    78241603-F6A9-40F8-861B-B2101E4F6A69.jpeg

18. Faulty SatNav obviously, c’mon outside a Sainsbury’s :confused:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information