1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Good luck. And good to hear that the NHS are on the ball too :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Hope it all goes well today. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. That’s great news :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Great reminder for you Chris and others reading this

• Like Like x 1
  6. When I drag my arse out of bed I’ll be putting fleeces on some plants and bushes in the garden, as it’s meant to get colder/frostier next week, and then I’m off out for lunch. Again :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Already had an air frost the last 2 days in my (southern) neck of the woods. Oddly, out and about yesterday, the Russian vines along the side of the M3 towards Winchester are in full bloom. Andy

8. Fleeces were done as planned. And afterwards I decided to eventually put up an additional set of coat hangers in the cupboard under the stairs. Surprisingly I seemed to do a good job, and several hours later it’s not fallen off the wall :)

Then we “had” to go to a couple of local builders merchants to look at paving stones/cobbles as SWMBO has decided we must replace the slate paths in the back garden as she no longer like them. :rolleyes: That’s going to cost IRO £3.5k including labour to do :bucktooth:

Then we went to lunch. Which was nice :)

Now back home and whilst I’m having a cup of tea SWMBO is poring over a Marshalls catalogue ffs :poop:

9. Pulled the weeds out of the garden, now it look's bare .
    Garden centre here I come.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Can't you just paint them a different colour?

11. She doesn’t like to walk on the slate. I think she’s being a tart, especially as she chose the bloody stuff in the first place :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Is it broken pieces of slate that make up the paths? If so you could point out that they are not at all slippery and with the ice coming to Holmfirth -maybe even Sunday- it might be best to wait...(whilst you hope she changes her mind again)?

13. Yep…….slate chippings linking the two patio areas

9BD3AA09-81FC-4CE8-9C4C-C3BBB9EA92D0.jpeg 141F4E52-142C-46C5-BBA7-EA66ACA7A246.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  14. so got the results immediately as they use ultrasound and it took around 10 minutes. I think they flagged this up because I had unusually high blood pressure spiking in the last 6 weeks and i'm normally very low and so for the record:-

It's a "once only" check unless you don't meet the criteria and that is - owning an aorta that is more than 3 inches in diameter, mine was 1.7 inches.

Thank you everyone for all the kind messages.

:upyeah:

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. Me too. There never any weeds growing through either which is not the case with gravel in my experience.

• Like Like x 2
  16. i'm going to need some pruning and general garden upkeep tips soon Jez. :):upyeah:I will have a cruise on YouTube at some time maybe. At the risk of hardened biker members having a fit - I would almost think there's room for a dedicated thread on here! it's friendlier than politics and when you get to "our" (av. on here) age, you start to realise that at the end of the day nature* is one of the only things that will continue waaay past our blink-of-an-eye lifespans.

* not gonna get all "Greta", but here's hoping. :beer:

• Like Like x 3
  17. Greta - she certainly tells it how she sees it

greta.jpg

18. Glad to see your ok Chris.
    It sounds like you had an AAA test (ultra sound). In Wales you get called up at 65 then I think every 2 yrs after that, but if you are over the guide lines they take your driving licence off you until you have it rectified.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Although it’s wet and miserable out there I’m going out for a couple of hours on the Scrambler :)

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information