1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Stupidly wheeled the bike around the garage, as I’ve ordered some more mats, so needed to clear some space. Was too soon after my back op last week, and now it’s twinging away. Not sure if I’ll be able to test ride the SFV2 tomorrow now.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. The Indian Tiffin Room......excellent food. Very different from your "normal Indian restaurant". Recommended. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Anyone else still have the same problem on this forum with posting that takes so many hits before it loads, this is three days in a row now.:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yes I find by using my 4g rather that the WiFi for this site it’s much quicker
    Which is weird as WiFi works as it should everywhere else.

5. Last night we went to see Paul Carrack at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester.

I didn’t really know too much about his music (tickets were a Xmas present from SWMBO who’d seen him before at the Picturedrome in Holmfirth) other than his time with Mike and the Mechanics, but I really enjoyed it. He and his band are most definitely excellent musicians :)

Of course the biggest rounds of applause were when he played Tempted (Squeeze), The living years and Over my shoulder (Mike and the mechanics).

Good gig. I’d see him again :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. It’s still being investigated. Sorry.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Thank christ for that as i thought i was the last man standing at the bar.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. An old injury has resurfaced!

The typical symptoms of impingement syndrome include difficulty reaching up behind the back, pain with overhead use of the arm and weakness of shoulder muscles. If tendons are injured for a long period of time, the tendon can actually tear in two, resulting in a rotator cuff tear.

Back for more Physiotharapy
    :(

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. I’ve passed everyone’s comments on to those investigating :)

10. Excellent and lets hope they get those dirty rats out from the computer internals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. dispatched first "hibernating"* Queen wasp this morning, luckily emerged in plain sight.

*it's not even February!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Had the pleasure of meeting @Nostromo today. Came down my neck of the woods and hopefully has gone back to his a happy man. Nice to meet you mate, hope it all goes well. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  13. @Android853sp Was a pleasure meeting you and Carole today, enjoyed the journey back, really missed having a Diavel!
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Looks like you and your bike are going through the mill at the minute, good luck at the repair shop for both & a speedy recovery.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Currently sat in the fekkin dark, no heating or t’internet cos storm Malik has whipped the power cables down!
    At least I can brew up a good cup of coffee on my trusty MSR camping stove :D
    Both myself and the little black lunatic …( Zack the spaniel I’ve been walking for an old dear who’s a bit unwell) struggled a bit this afternoon getting blown about by those hellish winds, poor Zack cocked his leg for a pee and had it all blown back all over him :joy:!
    Thankfully I was upwind of him :upyeah:

16. Went to the gym this morning to stretch my back out, then had a swim and a go in the hydro pool.

Then went and had a play on the new V2 Streetfighter, and am now numbing the back pain with a load of wine!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Took the lad flat tracking for the day all the way up in Lincolnshire, my word it was windy. Good day out for him though.:)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Went down to London to watch only fools and horses. Very good

• Like Like x 1
  19. Made the new bike really really dirty! Brand new supercorsa front tyre in the wet greasy roads was pretty ‘focussing’ I have to say

86231596-7504-4677-89A9-AC7D250C5167.jpeg
    C6FEA3E1-F7EC-4F7D-B3B7-C1AD21342E50.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  20. Dropped in on bro 6 today, after a cuppa and a chin wag I said let’s have a look at your bike. I’m getting bike withdrawal symptoms, I need to see a bike and sit on one.

‘ I took it to Spain didn’t I, it’s in Spain’. Oh shit the disappointment, the agony. No bike:astonished:

‘Tell you what…. let’s go to Webb’s and have a look at the MV’s’. He said, so off we went.

I showed him the Kwaker sports tourer but we just couldn’t get exited. We walked through to the MV’s and it was a different story, some nice looking bikes. We looked at the Aprilia’s and agreed once more that the latest versions weren’t looking so good. He’s struggling with his Tuono Factory, says it’s good for spanking around Spain solo but no good here and no good 2 up touring. Which is a shame because I think the bikes a hoot but he’s most likely right.

Then I heard this noise outside. Out I went double quick to investigate, sure enough it was a Ducati V4 Streetfighter. Now that bike put more of a smile on our faces than any of the bikes inside. We chatted to the owner who was a very nice fella and said have a sit on it. Now that was an expensive mistake.

Great sitting position, nice sized bike, ooh sir, suits you! Daaaaamn…I’m going to have to get a test ride! Somehow it didn’t entirely light my fire at the Birmingham show but outside in the real world it put a big smile on my face. The owner thought it weighed in at 175kg’s. We agreed that must be dry and I’ve just looked it up, 180kg dry 200kg wet.

200, that’s the magic number so far as I’m concerned. Wheels start going around and we hatched a plan to go to Ducati Cambridge and get a test ride on a Streetfighter and a V4 Multistrada in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime this afternoon I loaded my Multistrada into uncle Barrys van and it’s off for its service. Having had some contact with bikes today I feel much more able to face the world:joy::joy::joy:.

Mind you, I totally forgot to give him the replacement timing belts. Doh!

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information