1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Took youngest to horse show, he went really well, came home spent the rest of the day clearing up sick whilst he had an allergic reaction, his choice to ride the pony though. Oh the joys of parenthood.

2. Had a slipping clutch on the Monnie for months but no time to sort it out until today. Finally found that the plates were:

friction
    steel
    steel
    friction
    steel
    friction
    steel
    steel
    friction
    steel
    friction
    steel
    friction
    steel

Can you see why the clutch slipped?? Grrr

3. Today I was up to my armpits in brake dust, grit and oil in the 'engine bay' of the SS.....

....I can't believe how much cr*p is in there...some of it was so hard, I could have used it for a barbecue instead of charcoal......

......in the end I pulled some of the fingers of used surgical gloves and shoved them over various open pipes and electrical connections etc, stuck two gloves over the open inlet manifolds, and went to work with Gunk and a hose.

Watch 'Classifieds' next week when no doubt I will be breaking it because it won't start or something.......:wink:

AL

4. went to new Kawasaki store opening in croydon saw Michael Rutter legend, looked at the new versey 1000 ,decided it looks shit so i will keep the multi bit longer , had my youngest on the back, took her to macdonalds after , then we went for a cruise around some nice roads ,she loves the bike , her mother doesn't, we are divorced so who gives a $*£% , then i washed it and polished it , actually looks tidy ,,and i like it again ,until it goes wrong again !!!!!!! that was all saturday ,,sunday did nowt

5. Hi Al,
    Thanks for this post. Made me laugh! Kind of "Hancockesque" touch in there.
    Glad cat can acquit itself well despite injuries.
    Read about steroid thing, hope things settle. They have wide ranging effects, just ensure that your doc' puts you on the bone protecting meds.
    Ruffs

6. End of year tax returns !!!!!!!!!

7. Fitted a new spring to the F/N/S this morning.

brian.

001.JPG

8. spent a suicidal day with 3 suicidal kamikazi cbt'ers .......................oh the joys of instruction

• Like Like x 1
  9. Took a penigale out and loved it!!!

10. Ran a ring main to 6 sockets and wired 4 strip lights in the Garage then re felted the hut roof then caught the quarter finals up to the final of the Melrose sevens supping a few pints. Productive day.

11. Spent the last two nights up in London with the family doing the whole 'tourist' thing. London Dungeon was brilliant, youngest is now old enough to not think he is going to die all the time now. Rock of Ages musical, brilliant, got walk up tickets, brilliant seats £25.00 each in the stalls, kids loved it, hubby and I right back down memory lane. British Museum and National Gallery, walked miles, loved it.

12. A while back I bought some cheap adjustable footpegs for my Multistrada from ebay. When they arrived they didn't fit, and couldn't be made to fit, so I tossed them in the shed and forgot about them. But while I was cleaning up the other day, I came across some manky footrest hangers I took off my Triumph Sprint. Casually, I offered the footrests up to the hangers...and they fitted a treat!

So yesterday I sprayed and baked the footrest hangers, drilled and filed the footrests, and stuck 'em together, so now I have adjustable footrests for the Sprint. Just waiting for some carbon wrap to bling up the heelplates...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Today I mainly....ordered my new tyres, cut the grass, then looked out the window at the rain for the rest of the day....oh n spent even more money on a new rear sprocket and carrier.

I hate the rain....it costs a fortune :wink:

14. I took the monster for a shower so now it looks used again. Then I eat pear and mild flavoured chocolate. Yummy

15. I had a rehab day from work so I got up late, wiped the flies off the bike from last nights ride back from Bassettes pole and mused about going fishing for a while until I settled on playing Medal of Honor Airbourne on Hard-as-Nazis setting.

16. I'm on holiday this week so catching up with friends
    Was lovely this morning which turned into rain did a bit of retail therapy
    Hooked on draw something at the mo
    :)

17. You were warned.....

Just when you think your over it, someone else will join and start you off again.

18. 

19. I made a tool for my bike today! Its a plate to bolt to the cylinder head which I can stick my mag mount and dial guage on. Next time the valve shims are due, its getting adjustable cam pulleys!

20. Waiting for the Sun to come out! :mad:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information