1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I didn’t find the end but I did find a wallet near pro twins with about £1,30 in it,

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. What comes around, goes around my friend.

3. What a bloody awful trip. Left Bethune, brisk run to Rheims. A26 shut, just shut no reasons. Off on N77 to Troyes, packed with trucks. Cross country to Dijon. Back on autoroute, blocked accident prior to Lyon. Filtered for an hour on a fully laden GSA 32 degrees. Through Lyon, A7 blocked, accident!
    15 hours total average riding speed 72km per hour over the 900km trip.
    Sweating like a rapist in a line out. Left bike in the street, in house, cold shower just got up.
    Sun shining, coffee
    Still breathing marvellous market day here. Life’s a breeze.
    Oh lots of melted chocolate in my so called cool bag!
    Carpe Diem!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Never understood why the auto route finishes and you have to drive through Lyon, which is no small city, done it a few times in the Stag, can’t anymore because it’s not eligible for the clean air sticker

5. You can drive round but it puts 18km on the trip and is full of heavy vehicles.
    The air quality in Lyon in Summer is just as bad as ever despite sticker systems and fines.
    Never understood why they think the fumes go straight up and out but not back into a low lying city. The road system up to about 20 years ago was free flowing and quite pleasant driving alongside the river.
    In future I will get off at Macon and follow the Bis route, at least if you get stuck you can get off the bike for water or a pee!
    Rhône valley is just a long snaking traffic jam full of shopping, distribution and roundabouts. First rode down in 1976! Happy I did it was still very underdeveloped. Progress, wonderful thing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Went out for a run around the Peak District……..123 miles in total.

Had lunch in Matlock Bath. Spoke to a guy from Congleton who was a toy inventor.

I wonder what the poor people were doing today? :p

101C4D51-BE33-4D17-B4BF-E3190730A964.jpeg DEC46C0B-B638-4CB5-BF12-FFF8F8584BBB.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Just bought a 1979 Suzuki SP370. 4000 miles on the Speedo.
    My hero David Essex rode one in Silver dream racer lol. I’m moving to Cornwall soon and this will be my runaround hack :) upload_2022-5-18_18-43-3.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  8. Great little bike. Afraid at my stage in life my buttocks would straddle it like a pair of throw over panniers:)

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. As you've asked about the poor, i was cutting grass all day long.:punch::)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Perfect for accessing the Cornwall lanes two up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yesterday OYB told me my parts to fix broken enduro headgasket £200; labour £2,800 or three days man power.

Today recieved my lovely 58 plate mecedes-benz axor lorry & paid for 12x US5000 Pylontech 48V batteries!..somethings are good, others must be never brought again unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wtf?! Those technicians must be wealthy :) over £100 ph?!!

• Love You Love You x 1
  13. Garage coming back together…10 tiles to fit when the few I need arrive, bit of skirting then build a workbench. Floor super easy to install. Skirting less so!
    DBBAD8C9-D6D6-4F6E-B6FA-DBB057507284.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  14. Yep Paul, OnYehBike aren't the enemy to me its just that the design of the bike means it can't be dealt with easily. And a weeping head gasket requires strip down of whole bike is how they explained it too me.

I know I could get it done cheaper at other biker places but I can't risk it from a psychological perspective. To do the mileage & hoonage I do my friend'

15. Your hard earned . If you’re happy, that’s all that counts :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. How to irritate your guests, fix the coat hangers as high as possible.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. How much are the chess pieces?
    Nice work:upyeah:

18. Today is a “tidy up the garden before going on holiday” kinda day. Followed by a session with my PT this afternoon and dinner with the DOCGB local branch this evening :)

19. Loaded kit bag and paddock stand into van to take to mates for stillage pick up. Gets picked up for Thakenham today.

20. Gas safety testing over three days!

Fun

Do Not Sell My Personal Information