1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. So the dealers workshop have been doing their stuff. They’ve found that the seal to the oil filter was faulty and “crimped up” allowing oil to gush out under pressure. Apparently this is the third (similar) issue they’ve had with their oil filter supplier. The supplier is claiming that they must have had a bad batch produced, and are checking who else has received product from that batch.

Anyhow they’ve replaced the oil filter, topped up the oil and are cleaning the bike (good luck with that) and have cleaned the rear tyre. They have run the bike hard apparently and it’s not chucking out Oil anymore. However the rear brake pads are fucked because they’re contaminated and need replacing. They’re now on order and they hope to fit them tomorrow. Then they’ll deliver the bike to me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. A stream cleaner turned up to 11 will soon sort that out or a professional motorcycle valet……..:D

3. If it’s less than gleaming then I will insist on a proper detail being done.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. At last we have sunshine although windy so I'm making the most of it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Fantastic i hope you made the most of it today, a little overcast for me today.

6. ambled into Bristol today for the first time in quite a while, place feels like its going downhill now the office workers are less than they used to be, and the shops seem to be declining. Friska harbourside deffo not as good as it used to be.

hHd to go to a surgery place in Queen Square to have a lump cut out of the back of my leg and the hole stitched up. lump sent away for analysis - could be gold , diamonds or oil.. we shall see.

Sat with leg up now as blood runs down from wound, under dressing - being careful. Surgeon told me highly likely wound/stitches will split open as little flesh to stitch back together and stitches may not hold. Hopefully healing will complete by end of July for 2 day triumph off road gravel tour and windsurfing in early august.

Will have to curtail my burlesque and ballroom dancing exploits and parachuting outings pending healing ......

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. I think it will be good as it seems you are getting a slick service

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hope all is good with the lump and keep that leg up

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Good luck! Hope it all turns out well!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Hope all turns out well TT 600.

11. GWS :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I wish you a speedy recovery, with no complications. Andy

13. Mrs is away, so just spent about an hour watering the garden. Would have been so much better with a beer in hand, so an amendment will be made to tomorrows procedure.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Your lucky you can make that amendment as our current prime minister can't do that move, currently last seen squatting in number ten.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. That sounds like a crappy day amigo. Hope the stiches heal quickly.

BTW looking at todays prices oil & gold appear to be about level and ahead of diamonds, though gold is easier to carry...

GWS

16. I've heard the eviction squad are forming a team?

17. SAS, smoke him out.!

18. I'll have the beer for you

IMG_20220706_183828.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. You’re lucky to get it cleaned. Not exactly a strong point of any dealer

20. Really starting to understand what it’s like to be early 50’s. One ailment constantly replaced with another. Since holiday, it’s been groin strain*….have a good walk or play golf and can’t walk for 2 days and in agony. Repeat every two days….

*wouldn’t mind if bedroom acrobatics had started it all

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information