1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Played golf in the rain. Came 13th out of 32 and won nearest the pin.

Soak in the bath pending.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sorted the last bits out in the garage. Just waiting on a mate to pop round and change the strip lights over to LED battens.
    Dad dropped the 765 back to me and informed me the traction light flashes when the front wheel pops off the ground going over the bypass roundabout, he's 77 in June.
    Hope to collect the SS &SL from his tomorrow if it's dry.

PXL_20240329_175724923.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Just chilling with a few drinks, some cool music, and my toys

IMG_8393.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  4. Spent a small fortune on some plants, then spent half a day planting them in before the wind and rain came. And for the same reason the parasol stayed in the garage.

Now waiting on a very strange and interesting “wind sculpture” to arrive, and I want something inspired and interesting for the wall too. Everything I’ve seen so far is just too twee…..

We’d better get some sunshine soon!

IMG_1806.jpeg

IMG_1807.jpeg

IMG_1808.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Online at the minute on Confused trying for a better van insurance quote, did you know that some don't include windscreen cover:eek:. As we get older i think we're treated as cash cows because we have the experience but that doesn't seemed to matter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Car renewal for mid-April has increased 50% so time to look around again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. My car renewal is due in May, I think, so that’ll be interesting seeing as I just renewed my bike insurance for less than I paid last year (though Ducati insurance want 50% more)

8. Your lucky, Direct Line have increased mine by 100% :mad::mad::mad:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. My renewal stayed the same for my van but £1200 is getting eye watering along with other increases in the costs to living.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. One vehicle went up by 90%, but i said now stop it & sort yourselfs out and they came back with a better price.:)

11. Took my Son for the last Winter Championship round at Championship Flattrack school, we had to leave early as he has work tonight.

Here is Fast Bikes backing it in there.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Was meant to be in town with friends today, but had a call at 6.30am to say my father in law had a cardiac arrest, and was rushed into hospital.

He’s now back at the nursing home, in palliative care, the next few days will be his last, sadly. Alzheimer's is a cruel cruel illness.

• Love You Love You x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. You and yours have my sympathies at this hugely difficult time. Hang in there. Andy

14. Thanks Andy. As horrible as it sounds, we’re all quietly hoping this is the end. He wouldn’t have wanted any of this, I just hope that one day we can decide for ourselves when we feel the time is right to go.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Just been through something very similar with Carole’s mum and yes, her passing was relief from her miserable existence but it’s still emotionally hard and a time to support each other. Andy

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Scum wankers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Not today but had my first hypertension review. Always been a hothead stressful and serious guy so no surprise when blood pressure starters getting high a year ago but 130/80 with the small dose meds I’m on made her indoors happy ;)

• Like Like x 4
  18. And today a 220 mile round trip in the new car we picked up yesterday. Easy breeze…. Collector. Day obligatory pic
    IMG_0611.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  19. @Multirider75 Thinking of at this difficult time. We went through a similar thing with my mother.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Plenty more to come yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information