1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Yesterday I fitted new cylinders to the DD bike and stripped a set of Ohlins forks, emptied the van from Oulton BSB and fitted a new curtain rail at my Mum's house, as the last one fell off just after she died.....I think she popped back and pulled it off just to keep me out of mischief.......
    Today, I are mostly......( NOT eating taramasalata!) refitting the heads to the DD bike, slotting the engine back in the frame and generally getting her ready for testing prior to Anglesey, and changing a set of belts on an SP4, oil and filter change, new chain, sprockets, pads, fork springs, clutch pack, and tyres........and if I have time I'll have a sandwich at lunchtime !

2. I assume your taking the afternoon of then?

3. Irrigated the Sahara, learned to play the flute, constructed a box girder bridge and solved the Palestinian crisis :wink:

...................or perhaps I just worked :rolleyes: - will the rain ever stop ? :frown:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Today i mostly...
    Took a day off work.
    Worked on a start-up project with the future partner.
    Had lunch on the terrace of a local village café
    Mowed the grass.
    Took bicycle in to a service (and had it laughed at for being more than 10 years old).
    Ordered a new galvanised watering can.
    Did the shopping.
    Cooked a BBQ
    Admired the night sky.
    Checked out aimless threads on Ducatiforum.

Good day.
    Dammit. Work tomorrow (the real one).

Night all.

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

5. Went to youngest's confirmation at Cathedral, hooray finally an end to taking him to confirmation classes every Sunday afternoon since last September.

6. Hey quick look out the window, for a change today it's...........oh raining again :frown:

7. Forecast is dry for the weekend down south :cool: Hope my oil pipe arrives today...:rolleyes:

8. It's not here  it always rains up north
    My brother is in Manchester and I have never had a dry day when visiting

9. It's not usually too bad here, just the last month or two...since the drought started :rolleyes:

It always rains when going west on the m62, I've never been past that house in the middle of the motorway without it raining...

I hope its dry on Sunday, I'm off to WSB at Donington, was hoping to get there tomorrow and stay over but its not happening.

Anyway I'm waiting for the postie today, so its not too bad being stuck in....

10. Hey Nelson,

I've got some rear 520 renthal sprockets, and maybe a renthal carrier if your still testing your gearing out on your bitsa!

11. Heyup...

I think I have her sorted now... But let me know what ya got, I'm always up for having a few spares to experiment with...:upyeah:

12. Spent the morning getting my off road bike ready for this weekend. It`s the second championship round at one of the club I ride with. I missed the first round, (work) the current drought we`re having caused it to be just a bit muddy. The bike belongs to a mate who usually beat me, HA! :biggrin:

ben-walk-2012-0491.jpg

I`ve just had a cuppa and drawn up some rough plans to alter my trailer. Gonna make it into a box trailer so no one can see my bike. A couple of mates have had bikes stolen recently, they recon they might have been followed home.

trailer plan.jpg

My old tech drawing teacher would be sooooo proud :wink:

ben-walk-2012-0491.jpg

trailer plan.jpg

13. Hey Viv it looks like another challenger for you at draw something!

Pierre 66 have you thought of playing Draw Something with Ducbird? I think you'd have the edge on her! :upyeah:

14. I did technical drawing too so he may have met his match :-D

But that's an easy one lol

15. Do you think :tongue:

My phone doesn`t do app thingies so no draw something for me, but..........

I can do the caveman version.

cartoon-caveman_~k7550232.jpg
    Can you guess what it is yet? :wink:

cartoon-caveman_~k7550232.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lol :)

That's the wheel of a supermono 

17. Or, a birds eye view of a Mexican on a push bike :wink:

I might scrap the trailer idea. My daughter, bless her, recons its a sure sign I have a secret urge to own a caravan :eek:

Bloody kids :rolleyes: :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Prayed for a sunny hot weekend :smile:

19. Looks like your prayer may have worked. Sadly, my bike's in bits in the shed:mad:

20. Yeah, there's a big strange yellow thing outside my window this morning...and the floor looks dry! :upyeah:

Probably just some type of glitch and it'll be hail stones again in a minute :wink:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information