1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So What's The Word On The Street?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Oct 13, 2017.

1. They were. They didn't sell.

2. I didn’t particularly like the street fighter. I thought it looked like a crashed and repaired superbike. One thing Ducati do well is design but this was just “shall we take the fairing off?”. I feel the same about the Z1000. It’s all in the nose and neither Ducati or Kawasaki have gotten that right.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Forward thinking doesn’t pay the bills.

4. Don't think it will ever happen with the superquadro engine as the line has been removed from the factory , so only hope is the new v4 street fighter , I think I would test ride one.

5. Finding it hard to understand all the disappointment going on in this thread really.

They've announced a V4 Superbike that is more-closely related to a MotoGP engine than we've ever seen before in a standard production bike.

That's some serious commitment, investment, technology and bravery right there.

No company has bottomless finances or unlimited engineering and design staff.

What's not to like?

6. People like o moan and reminisce about some idealogical past that never actually existed - ‘now when I were a lad this were all fields’.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I just prefer V2's. V4's don't float my boat. I also really like the svelte skinniness of V2's. Besides my 1299S is an absolute hoot now I've figured out how to ride it. I'm not in the market for a new bike anytime soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Probably the same then then moan their bike doesn’t have heated seat or a clutch that pulls itself in ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Yeah I'm the same, love the everywhere-grunt of a big V2.

Problem is getting even more HP out of them without them expensively sh*tting themselves all the time.

1299S will likely remain as the best standard Superbike Ducati twin ever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. How will they make the 959 then?

11. I asked the question when on a factory tour a couple of months ago as they were just installing the v4 line and we were not allowed in that section, the very nice lady said 959 was a different line ?.Local dealer told me they were stopping 959 production also but as with most things dealers say I took it with a pinch of salt, for now anyway.

12. Sorry El T, yours was easiest to respond to as it was the top of the page :)

Appreciate the SF didnt sell, but stats prove the popularity of super nakeds and they've been the journos favoured pin ups for a couple of years now due to the appeal of comfort with outright sports performance.

Now I know that Ducati have the monster, but nobody really puts that in the same ball park as the competition. It's just not really is it.

So all im saying is that whilst the original SF failed a bit, although I liked it, I dare say it's probably likely due to the lumpy engine and high strung nature of them, plus at the time it was very expensive for what it was.

Take a quadra engine with a QS and put it in a half decent looking bike and I'm sure it'd sell really well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'm not saying that it didn't have a following as it clearly did, but it didn't appeal to the masses hence the reason why it was axed.

I'm sure that Ducati, like most big manufacturers, will do extensive research to find out what flicks the switch of the proletariat.

14. 959 Corse Edition is a 2018 model, so they're still making them.

The point is that the production lines can be setup to build different engines, so they will still make them.
    They may have been building the V4 when you visited, but it won't permanently make V4s.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I heard The 959 corse edition will have ohlins, underslung termignoni exhaust more likely akrapovic though with superleggera style Matt red paint but in a different colour scheme

16. You'll find out on sunday!

17. It'll be epic! Keyboard anarchy!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. It’s going to break the internet....someone better be ready with the box to press the refresh button :upyeah:

19. A H2 powered z1000 - id loose a kidney for that....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information