1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Who Buys Harley's Then

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Speed, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Iv'e had some ridiculous lean angles couldn't tell what degree but put it this way iv'e never bottomed anything out on it, like i said it goes round corners. To make it do the twisties they put a 25.0° rake on it and it works a treat!!:upyeah:

2. Mine's around 88 degrees so I'm guessing the Chief is about 85 degrees !!:joy:

Hendee were the first American motorcycle company, the Indian name didn't come into being until 1923.

#82 CAT3, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
  3. Indian Motorcycle is an American brand of motorcycles originally produced from 1901 to 1953 in Springfield, Massachusetts, United States.[1][2] Hendee Manufacturing Company initially produced the motorcycles, but the name was changed to the Indian Motocycle Manufacturing Company in 1923.[1][2]

4. I always look at Harley’s I walk round and round them gawping at how utterly shit they look no offence and only my opinion but they are shite to look at and no matter how they ride absolutely never...rather get bus

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Here in the US sunlight they do look good.

Rex

6. I think you should get off the fence and tell us how you really feel o_O !

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. What's not to like ? this is my sleek and sexy beast ;)

20200516_052758.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ok that looks not too bad, I think if they did a little cool Harley

• Like Like x 1
  9. Having a discussion with a Harley rider, he told me that 85% of all Harley's are still on the road.

I said, the other 15% must of made it home then!

Personally I don't like them, I could however ride a Victory Hammer

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. INDIAN :upyeah:;). You probably know but Polaris who make indian now where the producers of the Victory mark, they dropped that in favour of the Indian mark.

11. no i didn’t, interesting, maybe an 8Ball Hammer will be a future classic.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I have a 883 sporty, I use it more than any other bike I own. I find it way more fun to ride but don’t know why if I’m honest.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. I was in Newcastle harley dealers just before the lockdown, and was very surprised by the shoddy quality of the bikes. Very visible wiring harness, agricultural brackets, and just a general air of who cares people will buy these bikes because they are harleys. And the prices for the top end models were eye watering.

14. " Some things are so desirable you just have to have them , regardless of price "

That's what I've been told , and I was given " evidence " to support it !
    And who am I to argue , eh ?

Ten grand handbag , anybody ?
    https://www.therealreal.com/sales/hermes-birkin-bag

15. I agree, however I like mine due to it’s basics. I think the higher range models are very exclusive but so are some other brands.

16. We've a spare one of those you can have for £500 if you want. AAA quality copy, you'd never tell the difference :upyeah::D

17. Yes they’re in trouble, there image is suffering. The younger generations just class Harleys as old timers bikes plus I think a little of market share has gone to Indian motorcycles. Unless Harley can somehow improve their range as most manufacturers have I’m afraid they’ll become just a brand on other products such as t-shirts and the like.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Very possible;).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information