1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1100 So Who's Buying One?

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by El Toro, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Quote
    “The 1100 I believe won't be be massively different performance wise”

It’s a bit heavier and has a few more bhp but makes more torque lower down the rev range so I think it may “feel” significantly faster than the 800, I always think back to when I dynoed my old Alfa GTV after de-catting etc, you felt the car really pull at about 4K revs, that pull is what made the drive exiting, however looking at the dyno graph it was only making about half its bhp at those revs but was close to max torque, so it’s the torque that matters when “feeling” acceleration, long winded way of saying that I think the 1100 should feel a lot quicker, only one way to find out though! .

2. Snap

2DE6BC11-108C-4ABC-A972-6139EF6C76F4.png

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I`ve not ridden a Scrambler but I have done several thousand miles on both 1100 & 796 monsters. The figures on the monsters did not look that different on paper but on the road the 1100 engine was pretty much all I was aware of on the bike. That is not a criticism, I would chuckle away to myself at its endless torque or how the engine braking removed the need for using the brakes a lot of the time . Everything else about it was good but the engine was just overwhelming. The 796 was nice too but very civilised in comparison.
    If the Scamblers are anything like the monsters then the difference will be massive regardless of any electronic aids and a bigger tank.
    Enjoy.

4. What’s next Terry

3308147D-E0AE-4116-B2C3-917485AAB4A8.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Can't go an anywhere these days Terry ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Think not they’ve sold it well it had a sold sign on it

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oh well, it'll go towards a new V4 Speciale then ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Keeping my 803, it's ace.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Just had it redelivered to my house ten mins ago (cheers Martin!!) and it still had the "sold" sign on it :D

Had the wheels repainted as they had a "blemish" on them and they look fantastic! This time they were done by 8 Ball in Ripley, and they've done a great job :upyeah:

Also had it serviced whilst it was in there :)

Just wish the weather was better and the roads were dry so I could give it a blast out :(

10. Saw your bike in DM earlier today, looks great in the flesh.
    Pics don’t do it any justice & the can is the best alternative to an underslung akra I’ve seen.
    Mint.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thank you :)

12. Ducati Nottingham called me during the week, I think they have a 1100 demo in store now - not sure what one.

I plan to take a look soon but it looks too much like Kwaka Zephyr, only has 10ish more BHP, is about the same weight as a Monster 1200 and about the same price.

13. Like a Zephyr? Really?

kawazep750x1-01.jpg

Must be me, but I'm not seeing it.

IMG_20180403_103558.jpg

14. They’ve both got two wheels :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information