1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sold My 959 Corse, What Next?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Snips, Sep 13, 2021.

1. I had one of those in the nineties working in Nigeria. Served me well :D

2. Since my last thread on this post, I've been out on the Speed again, and also tried a Tuono Factory.

The Tuono surprised me in that it was less refined than I expected, but effing quick when wound up, but seemed less happy at lower speeds. The semi-active suspension was like a magic carpet. There's a new one in the showroom nearest me with a £16.5K sticker on, and the sales guy followed up offering me another £500 off, so that's a lot of bike for the money. It wouldn't be my choice, but the showstopper is that the seat height is too high for me, so I'd end up having a low speed drop.

After the Tuono, the Speed felt very refined, which was my original impression too, but after riding it around at lower speeds for a while, it seemed a bit less so, and reminded me of the Monster 1200R, but I much prefer the new Speed.

So, I'm still favouring the Speed, but annoyingly, Triumph just bumped their prices, and put an extra £400 on the price of the Speed, so now £15.5K before accessories. Anyway, I was loitering at the Triumph dealer yesterday, asking them about issues with the new model - nothing too problematic, but small issues like exhaust valve cover snapping off, that I'd like to be corrected by Triumph, so I'm waiting to see what changes they announce for Model Year 2022. They have also announced the Speed 1200 RR, so it would be silly to commit to an RS without seeing that.

As mentioned earlier, I'm interested to see the new Streetfighter V2 details, and the likelihood of a new big Monster, I assume.

Playing a waiting game for now, and will look to do a deal in maybe January, when the dealer might be more inclined to do a deal, and so I'll be ready for spring.

3. With the Speed triple and the price rise, you may find that new stock that’s in the dealers hands can be sold at the old price, if indeed you go down that route, as it’s about when they got the bike and then when they pay triumph for it (90 day Invoicing etc)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. So I guess from the bikes you have tested a sportsbike isn't at the top of your list?

If a supernaked is well the world is your oyster and every manufacturer is trying to outdo each other.

I think the STV2 could be a good fit for you as and when Ducati officially announce it, but who knows how much that is going to cost?

You've ridden a Tuono, and I would imagine they'll start discounting them soon over the winter months to shift stock.

My personal fave (which is why I bought one) is the KTM 1290SDR (Gen 3), it's bigger than a Tuono, it's a big twin and has more torque than anything I've ever ridden, and always makes me smile.

But then you might want something a little less lary... MT09, KTM 890 etc etc?

5. @Freak From the announcement schedule Ducati have announced, it seems highly probable that the new Streetfighter V2 will be announced on 11th November.

EPISODE 04

A new fighter in town

November 11, 2 p.m. GMT

Then I get into my usual objections of not having an S model, not clear-coating their 'lesser' models, etc...

I'm following the herd, and switching to a supernaked. For once, the crowd and I seem to want the same thing! The SF V2 might be a nice less-lary option, if Ducati could only hit the sweet spot and do an S model.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information