1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solutions For Storing Motorcycle Leathers In The Garage

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by damodici, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Actually, now I remember, that was one of the factors. :yum But only by an inch or so, they were always going to be higher. :)

2. They look really good, thanks chaps.

Judging by the size types the Double is perfect for the list I wrote but as 'The Big One' is the same depth and only grows in width I'll probably get that.

Just been having a look at those and they look perfect for a decent garage setup. Initially though I need to get kitchen stuff paid for like walls knocked down etc

After that though I reckon buying a set is the way to go as individually the parts cost more. Plus I want my own batman cave

Any chance you know which version your cabinet / locker is?

The 'Pro 3' range look like they're deeper at 610mm

https://www.garagepride.co.uk/garage-cabinets/newage-garage-cabinets/newage-pro-n52158.html

The Bold range are much cheaper but the locker is only 457mm deep so might be too tight for broader motorcycle gear?

https://www.costco.co.uk/c/NewAge-Bold-Series-24-Gauge-Steel-7-Piece-Cabinet-Set/p/566292

3. Mine are the 1st set, although a slightly older version. I did the garage 4 years ago.

Mine are the 18 gauge steel cabinets. One thing to note is the the higher the "gauge", the thinner the steel. So the 24 gauge cabinets are the thinnest. If you need any additional info, photographs or measurements, just give me a shout. By the way, I bought them at Argos, who were a dealer at the time.

They may seem slightly expensive, but you always have them if you move house, they are specifically made for gagage applications so handle knocks and bangs with ease, mine are still unmarked and all the door still line up, drawers slide with no issues etc. I think all of the cabinets you see in my garage were £2k at the time.

IMG_5705.JPG

IMG_5707.JPG

IMG_5708.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  4. I have looked time and again at these, love the proper garage look it gives, but mine is a little too small to make it as usable as I need so haven’t. Over te winter, I’m going to get a builder come and have a look and give me an idea of cost and if planning needed to extend my existing single garage to make it a double. Then, I can use full back widdht (be about 6m) for units and tool stations, and still get a couple of bikes and a car in there and with space to work on it.

Well, if we weren’t doing PI and Australia, I would probably be able to do it over winter but may need to wait a while....:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  5. By the way. Newage cabinets are not "flat pack" They all come pre welded full size. :upyeah:

IMG_2673.JPG
    IMG_2679.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. PLEASE STOP WINDING ME UP WITH YOUR GARAGE LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. £20
    15344195882179087543545409617946.jpg 15344196174872132858103064094952.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. 0841ABD7-120D-463C-9808-366B2E31AC82.png

We use one of these albeit in the house / come in different sizes

Good and strong / helmets on top rack and boots on bottom

• Like Like x 2