1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something New From Kawasaki

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Lucazade, Sep 14, 2014.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Holy crap,it seems to warm up quickly................

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sounds lovely.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I think the road version will be mad but the race version even more so. Apparently, no warranty and 15 hour service intervals required.

4. Wow! Totally nuts.... 296rwhp. That's over 100 more than mine and I think mine is bonkers. The power delivery will have to be seriously electronically interfaced. Other wise there's gonna be (rich) track day boys smeared all over the place!
    Holy fuck, that's impressive.

5. I can well believe it. Anyhow, gimmie a chuckle, how much??

6. The race version is a tad over 40 thousand.

7. Where was the power graph then??
    Could have been only 180 hp for what I saw.
    Obviously using it on Kwakas own dyno stops the true power output getting out?
    Why don't they man up and put it on an independent dyno to show real Hp.

8. I love the look of it. Unlike almost every other Jap bike it looks like a purposeful piece of engineering designed to do exactly what it says on the tin, instead of a ill-assorted jumble of plastic styled to look like a child's toy. I hope they don't ruin the road version with garish colours and silly comic strip graphics.
    I like the hint of a trellis frame and the fact that it is the only bit of Kawasaki colour on the bike is a classy touch of understatement.
    Engineering wise I think the development of small super-efficient chargers specifically designed for bikes is an exciting prospect.
    Best and meanest looking rice burner in a long time. I hope it works and sells as well as it looks.

#230 Gimlet, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. You might have a point. But if it was genuinely lighting up the exhaust system cherry red like in the film clip, then it's pumping out shit loads of power.

10. Or, at least heat. :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Goes hand in hand. Power equals fuel burned in given time and all that....

12. Goes hand in hand. Power equals fuel burned in given time and all that....

13. so if it was great it would have been white hot

14. A few years back I was running the 916 in the garage, I left it a while idling away and when I came back the headers were glowing orange. :eek:

Does that mean it's making 300hp?... ;)

15. no.. orange is about 110-115hp depending on atmospheric pressure and all that

16. :(

17. Cheer up! it was only idling eh?

18. :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information