1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something New From Kawasaki

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Lucazade, Sep 14, 2014.

1. exactly!

why then does a engine run hotter the weaker the fuel to air ratio.....?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Because it's less efficient?

3. rtfi...

4. Don't read instructions, stereotypical man you see...:)

5. "... the more heat is generated the more energy is wasted in engine as heat is not what drives a combustion engine."
    Try this: The heat generated causes an increase in the pressure of the gases in the combustion chamber. The more heat that is generated, the greater the increase in pressure. The objective of an engine design is to maximise the conversion of that heat and pressure energy into mechanical work (by utilising the pressure on the piston crowns or turbine blades), and thus to minimise the amount of the heat which is wasted by being rejected out of the exhaust. It is not generating more heat per se which is wasteful - waste is allowing more heat to escape in the exhaust instead of utilising it to drive the combustion engine.

• Like Like x 1
  6. B
    But an Engine working at it's optimum with 100BHP and an Engine working on it's optimum with 300BHP, the 300BHP engine will generate more heat and glowing exhausts much quicker. I presume Kawasaki have managed to set up the H2R to it's optimum or very very close to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Depends also upon the exhausts themselves - how they are constructed, what they're made of.

8. Indeed. To get 300 bhp from a 1,000 cc engine, the bmep on those piston crowns must be fantastically high. Guessing it must be close to the limit of what is feasible. Anybody care to do the calculations?

9. No, but Gerard is now getting 700BHP from his Busa so no where near the limit @ 300BHP...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Depends on a lot of things as has been mentioned, but as a straight comparison the original statement we are all now discussing is correct.

11. Says the man who keeps cuts of meat in his trousers ...

12. Don't we all? :confused:

13. Indeed.

[​IMG]

14. Good Lord. That's a dragster. He must be rebuilding it every 5 minutes. Now, at full throttle that will get the exhaust cherry red sharpish....

15. real world ...

16. What a waste of time. WTF is wrong with those people?! I mean Americans how can you get so excited about a straight line speed?!

17. Good video and the skyline looks like good value for the money although would have been a better video with a Koenigsegg Agera R or One 1 in there.

18. You should watch his track day video on his Bimmer HP4, truly scary, I'd post a link but it really is horrible to watch, the impressive thing about the H2 tho is the way it goes past everything on the back wheel, or is that just me!

19. The 1299R test ride by this other guy with stupid nick name from Cleveland proves my point. He took it for a test ride and directly to motorway, put it to top speed came back and that is it. Like 5 min. I guess sale of bikes is easy in USA

20. This is extremely funny. I love the way they are all in jeans for balls-out racing. Or alternatively, you could be the guy in a cut-off t-shirt with no helmet and a semi-naked girlfriend on the back. This must seem extremely cool until the day you wind up in hospital - then, not so cool.
    Still. There you go. It's their culture. Good luck to 'em. They'll probably need it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information