1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Sore Bloody Arms

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by rab, Feb 14, 2019.

1. I also come from an S1000RRR 2017 and I feel the same thing, very quickly I have pain in my wrists, but I haven't ridden much with this bike yet

2. Glad I’m not the only one! I had this on my v4! I Was ok on my 1299!
    My bike fitness is good, I put it down to not being able hold onto the bike with my legs/knees as well and that it’s bonkers fast if you really thrash it a lot!
    Think I might get some tank grips for my v4r.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Try some kinesiology tape on your arms, some mx fellas use it to relieve arm pump.

4. The shape of the tank makes it tricky to grip, and I find I overuse my arms. The tank cutouts are nowhere near my legs, and I'm not (IMHO) a weird shape.

Tank grips do help. I'm using Eazi-Grip as they do a less aggressive pattern that does not abrade my leathers as much as say Stomp. Stomp ripped my old Daineses to shreds. But Eazi-Grip's adhesive is extremely hit and miss.

#24 vectorzero, Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. How about trying those tank extenders

• Like Like x 1
  6. Temperature is the key when applying anything like that. If it’s cold, warm the area with a hairdryer and also the adhesive side of the eazi grip. Not too much but enough to just help it stick. Especially at this time of the year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yep. Fitted tank grips many many times.

The Eazi-Grips I did last summer, used heat gun (carefully). The glue was not consistent in its distribution across the backing material - as you peeled the backing off it would be easy, then much more difficult then easy again. (The grip was warmed consistently and evenly). In one case I could barely separate the grip from the backing material. The other sections were OK. It was very weird.

I switched to R and G and they seemed better quality, but the pattern is not as grippy.

• Like Like x 3
  8. I bought stomp grip see if that helps

9. will try that thanks

• Like Like x 1
  10. What am I, your pet? You know, I lay in bed at night thinking why some 50 somethings don't have a sense of humour. Now, you are in that age bracket, is it the lack of sex, from a fellow male (assuming you are male) or female, in this all inclusive, equal world, it is important to be inclusive, lets not get into a gender discussion, I only come on here to bitch about by shit Daytona boots. Anyway, telling someone to 'grow up' to me, is showing that you are turning into one of those 'stand in the street shouting at the kids for skate boarding' or 'playing football too close your house', am I right? don't matter I don't care, I for just 1 minute tried to understand for my own peace of mind. Run out of time.....my advice take a chill pill, try not to be grumpy patronising old man and at some point, try not take yourself so seriously, its boring, please God, don't let me be like you when I reach the grand old 50's.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. You need to man up Si :p:joy:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ride a bevel 900ss for a day, then jump back on the v4, your hips, knees and left wrist will be so sore you won't give a fuck about your forearms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. But after a couple of weeks it seems oddly normal... :D

14. I'm going to throw my v4 away if I have to do yoga to be able to ride it .

15. True dat! :D

16. It does , doesn't it lol.

Stick with it OP and get some more miles under your belt,
    you'll be fine.

Gotta run, I'm off to yoga :).

17. 429d00931bbb3f15e59126e616f31185.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I didn't realise them golfers was so friendly! Might give it a go! Haha.
    I'm sure the grammar police will be watching me from now on, LOL.

19. I found the 899 and 1299 worse on my arms, but the V4 tank allows excellent thigh grip so weight is minimal on the grips for me.

20. Hi, NBB. What sort of temperature am i aiming for to fit these tank grips? HeHe! 20182F032FPanigaleV4Fire2-1280x732.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information