1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

South-west Members

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Jewell, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Fellow pensioners, members with hip problems and retired Bankers.... ;-)

I see there’s a few local members on here and it would be great to have a South-West “mini-meet”. I’m not a huge fan of large group rideouts but certainly up for a brew and bacon sarnie, with a skinny, de-caf, caramel latte with extra vegan tears.

Members locations I am thinking of are Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset, possibly even Gloucestershire if close to Bristol side etc. That may include a very south east peak of Wales but we know what they do to sheep, which is certainly a cause for concern if they see any of our virginal sheep on the way down.

A central south-west point can be agreed, during sunshine season, respecting our social distancing rules. I’m sure the rules will allow this over the next few months. I’m certainly not asking for this over the next few weeks. I know the average member age on here isn’t far off the Chelsea Pensioners group so I know we need a lot of time to organise, hence the post.

Let me know ones thoughts.

Cheers
    Ed

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I'm in Newquay Cornwall and I guess I'm a young'un at 46 (do have hip problems)....But happily meet up for a ride...When I get the 1198 battery to stay charged that is...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Let us know when and where as there are a few of us in East Dorset, South Wiltshire and West Hampshire who occasionally venture as far as Devon for a bimble?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. not so much a fellow pensioner at 41 but, just north of Bristol in Yate and i'd be up for a ride out for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dorset Wiltshire boarder here / that is If MV owners are allowed & accompanied by a monster :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
  6. MV’s are welcome, just make sure it’s insured incase a few rebellious Ducati owners decide to set it alight....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. You must be the closest member to me, I imagine. I have a mate in Yate (Cornwall Cres) and I was working in Yate (by the train station) when I was riding home and got punted off by a prison officer (for it was outside Leyhill Open Prison). When I am mobile and riding, I may pay you a visit!

8. I see you're up in Berkeley, often ride past that way to meet a mate up in Gloucester who i go riding with. I'm in the Ridge so just over the back of Cornwall Cres.
    i read on here you had a bit of a nasty one, nice of them to be looking properly where there are tight lanes!

you're welcome here anytime mate, always a kettle boiling, be good to meet a few more folk off here

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Bristol here - as theres no TT a meet up would be perfect.....hasnt been an Italian day in Bristol for a few years now.....that was always a good day...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Always happy to head west, usually entails a surfboard and 4 wheels but happy to escape the madness that is Bournemouth at the moment on a two wheeled trip, preggers mrs allowing... keep us posted :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dorset / Hampshire border here and I'm in depending on when and where as I'm still fortunate (?) to be young enough to have to work, at least for a little while longer.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm Swindon, so west-ish, but I want to know who's going so I can make sure I'll be the biggest cock there.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. That’s not very charitable reference to Oh!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dorset/Wilts border here. Better make it quick as both bikes are heading for a new home in France in about a month.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'm near Callington, Cornwall.
    Not on a Duc mind, I'm running in a 765 if that's acceptable.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ok - so (and ive no idea how to do this) get a map of where everyone is and then find a central point??

• Like Like x 1
  17. im not old but live in Gloucestershire so not miles away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. You can use a site called https://www.mapcustomizer.com/ if everyone provides a post code. All postcodes can be added as points on the map. Or we can just use town names - I'm in Verwood

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. i use a mapping tool for work so if everyone wants i'm happy to plot everyones postcode, up to you guys

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  20. Looks a bit like this at the moment from the info I can see:
    upload_2020-6-4_14-31-37.png

Do Not Sell My Personal Information