1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sp3 For Sale...

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by AndrewS, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Collector minded riders, may be? :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    1. Collectors as mentioned
    2. Someone that had one before
    3. A person that wants to experience a glorious, bellowing, fine handling, semi hand made motorcycle

I have had my SP3 for 30 years and nearly sold it about 12 years ago. I'm glad I didn't, but had I, then I would be keen to buy a good one again. Hypothetically of course.

Re the bike in the advert, the mods look OK I suppose, apart from the steering damper clamp on the frame - firstly, it's a crap solution and there is a lug on the frame rail below and secondly, it will have killed the (rather fragile) paint on the frame.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. I wonder if that is the same bike that Lusso Veloce were selling?

3. I know, glad I'm not looking to buy one now...

Makes an 1098R look like some sort of bargain (well almost)!

#26 AndrewS, Jul 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
  4. I was, but prices are just ridiculous.

5. Someone who loves how bikes used to ride and be made and sound before the beaurocrats and electronics got involved, the 90s SP series of bikes (especailly the SPS) were almost the race bike with headlights back in the day and nothing sounds quite like a 851/888 it has the best induction roar I have ever heard from any motorcycle and then there is the small attraction of never losing a penny on it, mine has doubled in value in the past 10 years of ownership even with regular use...& even with dealer prices as long as you keep it a few years you wouldn't lose a dime, my mind is obvioulsy not right... silly me:joy: as far as that bike goes... if we are going to be picky quick look .. in addition to other observations wrong rear caliper & decals look off, (agip badge too small and shouldnt be clear coated as they came with the bike for owners to fit if they wished...other decals postioning not quite right to me so prob had paint) samco hoses are a blessing not a curse (although I did get black ones made for mine). nothing that cannot be sorted with perhaps the exception of OEM exhaust which would be a bit of a wait I reckon.

#28 JimmySP3, Aug 15, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. I loved big hair and new romantic music of the 80’s but I wouldn’t pay a fortune for a 65yr old hooker who was in an 80’s band… ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. .....Thankfully I don't need to pay for sex ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. But if you did……

9. Hello,
    This is my first post in this forum and I don't know how and where to send my question. So it is: don you know the differences between the first 851 SP and the SP2? The fork is different, obviously, but the engine? I appreciate the Marzocchi fork (I had three 907ie!). Is the SP1engine already a 888's? Has it two injectors per cylinder?
    Is the SP1 completely different from the standard model ? I know that the rear shock was already an Öhlins... I'm interested by an SP, which is proposed in Italy.

10. I would be a little wary, as there wasn't an official SP1 as far as I know (this might be different for the local market however). There was the 851 Kit Racer that I think was 888 and a Marzocchi fork...
    What led to the next special being called an SP2 is anyone's guess.

11. Thank you for your useful answer.

12. Thank you for your useful reply.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information