1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Spare Keys

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Fergusdog, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Hi all. Just thought I’d share this. Managed to get a pair of key blanks off EBay for £4.95 and had them cut today and they work great on the panniers,box and fuel cap. I was paranoid about loosing my hands free one at a rally ,being able to start the bike using the code and not being able to fill up on the way home. They were advertised for the Monster but when I did a bit of research on Ducati parts it’s the same one.....bargain.

https://vod.ebay.co.uk/vod/FetchOrd...f2c564116c0a4d2642198b5fffb63b8&ul_noapp=true

2A074312-BF2A-46D5-9C81-607D68F334D8.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Linky no worky.!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Possibly, this item on eBay.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I just got one cut from a seller on there. Took the photo and emailed it to him. Works perfectly and £10.
    B&Q have a machine that does the same, not sure if it doe vehicle keys but it was 3 for £10.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I ordered a blank Ducati branded key when I picked the bike up, only issue was it cost me £15 to get it cut at the local locksmith/shoe repairer!
    I had (still have) a terrible habit of leaving the key under the seat and riding for miles before I realise...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah I’m worried about that too.....think I’ll wear the plastic one round my neck

7. Just Had one done same as Siddo ordered from site sent photo of current key sent next day works a treat. Does for the panniers and fuel.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I also bought 2 ofthese blanks off Ebay, our local shoe repairer / locksmith would not cut them, siting company policy (seems they cut non supplied blanks in the past and one broke in a lock, cost them) So now getting 1 cut from supplied bland - £15..

9. Timpsons did it but specified they didn’t supply the keys they wouldn’t offer the money back thing if they didn’t worked. They did though

10. yep, I had the same response from Timpsons. The guy where I went showed me a cheapo key a customer had bought in, and it was crap metal. He could tell as soon as he put the grinder on it.
    I bought ducati monster unchipped keys from the dealer, and showed him the dealers receipt. That was good enough.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information