1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special Cars...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Exige, Jan 8, 2019.

1. My first car which i got brand new a Metro city x dark blue :upyeah: know and again i check out eBay for the Metro MG turbo prices.

2. Dare I?

I hated these with a vengeance but then I bought SWMBO one (she loves them) about 15 years ago and I fell in love with it/them.

E6967BD3-9704-43AC-ADEE-E667B7616335.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fantastic motors, especially the 'Dolly' version with deck chairs for seats

4. And what are the prices now in todays market:thinkingface:

5. Outrageous:upyeah:
    lancia-delta-s4-group-b-rally-car-for-sale.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. I had a Mk 1 Lotus cortina, I was a keen grass track racer at the time, I sheared the cam shaft in my Anglia with 1760 crossflow that I was racing at the time just before the final race of the season, after a very long night I took the engine out of the Lotus and fitted it in the Anglia to race the following weekend, It wasn't as fast as the 1760 but I liked it so much I built one for the road, It took a lot of work moving the brake and clutch reservoir's to clear the webers among other things.
    Steve

• Like Like x 2
  7. Steve,One for you:upyeah:
    https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1057593

• Like Like x 1
  8. I got a test drive in a standard 1.3 Delta when I was 18 - not quite in the same league but fantastic cars

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Not sure what the S4 price's wise are going for these days.probably all P.O.A:(

10. Lotus Elan.jpg
    Lotus.jpg
    I wish I still had this . :upyeah:
    Steve

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Iirc the heater unit had to come out and a Girling remote powerstop servo added

12. Savage
    20140409_063823.jpg 20140409_064006.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. I nearly bought an early Van version a couple of years ago - it was mint - fully restored by a guy who had found an even earlier one and didn't have room. Really wish I had bought it now as the price was v.cheap :(

• Like Like x 1
  14. Austin-Healey-header.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mini-Cooper-S-Classic-11-780x405.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Not an advertising/marketing shot. Something that was just parked up on the street, in every day use and I love it all the more for that.
    IMG_9757.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. 1989-mclaren-mp4-5.jpg

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information