1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special N.i.ps

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by michel couque, Jun 3, 2019.

1. I absolutely promise this not about me, but someone I know well.

This person purchased a vehicle, the garage put the vehicle in another customers name and this went uncorrected for a few weeks. In that time the driver of the car was registered speeding on 3 occasions, so originally the NIPs were sent to the wrong person and they have now arrived with the owner as the V5 has been updated.

Of note , these NIPs are very similar to normal ones, asking for driver details etc,BUT do not have any time limit as to when they should be returned by??
    So if there is no date by which it should be returned, how can they proceed if you do not send back the NIPs, you could effectively send them back in 50 years citing there is no time limit on the paperwork.

So should the driver not return the NIPs ?? or what happens next?

I have absolutely no idea what to say to my friend who asks for advice.

Interesting to see the responses as we have some geniuses on this forum, the best bike forum around.

Best

Michel

2. I honestly thought this was going to have more boob pictures, damn you acronyms

DAMN YOU TO HELL :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. And I thought all would be solved!!

4. Yeah, sorry about that :eyes:

5. I'm a genius but I haven't got a clue :bucktooth: you need @andyb (if he's feeling helpful) but I made him cry so he has me on ignore o_O

6. Titties :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. looks like I need to provide titties then...to the first person who solves this conundrum,we cant see titties in this house as swmbo has turned the effing filter to max on the internet...something about saving our childrens eyesight?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Sorted...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. And to keep the ladies happy....
    [​IMG]

• WTF WTF x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. I'd try http://www.pepipoo.com/

11. So they have three occasions of a car registration/description exceeding the speed camera.
    they originally sent out a NIP but have now identified the garage registered the car in the wrong name ( id be sending the car back as it would now register as having an extra previous keeper!!!)
    that previous keeper/garage/genuine Keeper have identified the incorrect RO details
    The car is now on the PNC with the correct keeper details that is has been since purchase and over the time of the three offences.

They have followed the enquiry through and now have arrived at the correct details which they won't let go!

Are you sure its an NIP and not just a name the driver?

was the driver Stevie wonder?

12. This seems foggy and I'm not sure if I remember some bits, isn't there something that to start the process, plod has to get it to the registered keeper within 14 days but have upto 6 months if there are difficulties in tracking down the real owner?

13. Ok it gets silly as the perpetrator only showed me the accompanying letters from police explaining the original NIPs had been sent to the wrong person hence the delay,accompanying the letters were NIPs with respond within 28 days, which has lapsed a few days ago. The person did not show me the NIPs only the letters,so yes NIPs have been sent and ignored.

Best
    M

14. itll bite them!

15. Which picture?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information