1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Speciale Incoming

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by squeezey, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Morning Ladies and Gents

Not been on here for a while!
    I have a new Speciale on its way, which I aim to keep for a long time as I am finally in the position to have a toy to look at . I have an S1000rr as my everyday roadbike so this is just a toy to sit and admire and maybe a couple of track days. As the bike is not registered as yet would it be better to keep it un registered and register it in a couple of years ?

Or just get it registered now and keep it as a low low mileage thing?

Looking at value wise, what would be the best option ?

Cheers

2. Keep it unregistered and in pride and place in front of your open fire where of an evening you can rest your brandy glasses upon it’s deep lustrous finish and discuss the finer things in life with your other half.
    Or just fuc@in ride it?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1

3. It’s a log burner, but yeh that could be an option.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. All alien to me as I ride mine.

But do whatever you want mate, most of all... enjoy! It’s a thing of beauty

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. You say that you might do the occasional track day, so you will need to run the bike in at some stage. The oil your bike is filled with for delivery is just for the initial running in period so is life limited and will need to be changed after 600 miles or 6 months whichever comes first. It is very thin and designed to ensure you get that initial bedding in of the rings and bores. Once filled with the recommended 15W50 there shouldn’t be any time limitations if the bike is going to sit for long periods of time. Mine is destined for the track so it got registered and is currently being run in. Not too sure the date you register it is important because the bike is a limited run. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  6. Recently learnt that Motul 300V is no longer recommended for regular road mileage on the Panigale as it does not contain the level of detergent that Motul 7100 15W50 has. 300V is still my preferred oil for the track though as it gets changed every 2 trips to a Spanish track and 7100 is still a very good oil. Andy

7. Hi Andy I'm due to change the oil in my 1199 and have always used Motul 300V, would you advise that I use Motul 7100 15W50 now instead? My bike is only used on the road. Thanks in advance

8. That is the message I am getting from my preferred workshop and they have specially bought in Motul 7100 in the 15W50 for the Panigale. For me, the main reason for using 300V is its double esther formulation which means even if the bike was left standing for any length of time, there will always be a film of oil on all the parts. I currently have an initial start up routine to warm the V4 up before setting off so I don’t think it will make any difference to me. I think the real issue is not changing oil for a statistically high mileage. IMO, a thousand miles between changes isn’t a problem, it’s the guys who do 5 or 6 thousand miles between changes. The benefit is 7100 is cheaper than 300V. Andy

#9 Android853sp, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Quick update, I have decided (much to the pleasure of ‘Er indoors) to not take the Speciale and do th cost effective thing and take delivery of a new V4s. On 1/4/19. Thus I can ride the thing without thinking about losing/binnng it so much! can’t wait

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information