1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Specs

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Nasher, Jul 14, 2020.

1. a sensible approach, in honesty mate, if you can get a clean standard 1198 it will probably do the job just fine, and maybe even a better option than a 1098s due to the refinement and improvement in engine etc, you can always pick up a used Ohlins shock etc at a later date if you feel that you are missing the suspension

2. Thanks Phil748

It really is going to depend on what's available at the time and exactly how much I have to spend when I decide it's time.

It does sound like a 1198 would be the aim, but 'S' or not will depend on the above.

Nasher

3. I had a similar dilemma about 1098/1198 but looked at the advise on here and waited for an 1198s to come along and picked one up in June I think it's a fantastic bike to ride. If you are looking at November I think you could possibly afford to be a bit fussy and wait to see what comes up Nov/Dec/Jan as it will approaching winter anyway.

4. Well I’m going to shout out for the 1098s. Mine’s been fantastic with nothing but the usual Reg/Rec replacement that you get with the big Ducs. 17k miles now, 8k of which are mine & the S is definitely worth it imo, whichever one you buy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information