1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speeding Fine

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by yellowducmaniac, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Section 81 deals with restricted roads only; Section 82 deals with roads that are not.

However, for a restricted road the system of street lighting must extend for the full length of the road and speed limit in question. The limit signs of 30mph should be at the termination of the restricted road, ie; no repeater signs.

If there are repeater signs (of 30mph) the road is not a restricted road and the speed limit has been made by Order, ie: it was once a 40mph limit (or more or less than 30mph).

The 'notes' at the bottom of the pages of sections 81 and 82 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 make all this clearer.

If Plod try to tell you otherwise it will be another case of them not knowing the law (as in my case which I defended and won).

Another point worth knowing, is that for any speed enforcement operation, the limit and signing must be checked to be in place by the operatives before commencing enforcement.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Did you keep that quiet :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I believe if you're doing over 42 in a 30 zone, no speed awareness course... At least that seems to be the case in Suffolk. I got the offer of a course for doing just that speed - took it of course. Also, no insurance company I mentioned it to was in the slightest bit interested, as I wasn't "done for speeding".

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. You say "speeding fine'
    However, the authorities don't seem to share your view.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Which authorities?

6. I got done up in Scottish land. Up there they dont offer speed awareness courses. 3 points and £100.
    I blame that woman who looks like Mary Hen (RAB C Nesbitts wife) - Sturgeon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bit late telling me that now, I've just got indoors after 2 weeks up there

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Got a Letter in the post this morning offering me the option of a speed awareness course, it costs £90 here in Lincs. What it doesnt make clear is if i will still get 3 points on my licence if i attend the course...maybe i'm missing something but does anyone know if this is the case?

9. The speed awareness course is instead of the points. Some people apparently enjoyed the presentation.

10. Pretty sure if you do the course it’s no points, also don’t think you need to notify your insurance company.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Doing the speed awareness course & not been kicked out. Will mean you have shown willingness to take a more civil route to amend you're wicked wicked behaviour. You will get those three points if you break the same road-traffic act within a period of 3years.

The course is off-setting the potential raised insurance 'fee' & gives you an oppurtunity to become acustomed to new high-way legislation. While ghosting the three points unless you fall fowl of the evil speed demon throttleage'

12. As stated, no points on your license and (at least in my case) the insurance company won't be bothered (although personally, I'd mention it at renewal, don't want to give them any excuse...). I went on one a few years ago and TBH it wasn't anywhere as bad as I thought it would be. Even learnt a few things!

• WTF WTF x 1
  13. Yes, but did you learn not to speed :thinkingface:

14. Maybe for a little while!

15. See, total waste of everyone's time and effort :blush:

16. Some insurance companies ask about speed awareness course now. If they ask, you have to tell them.

17. Ins Company:- "and did you benefit from the speed awareness course you attended?"
    you:- "yes, I am a law-abiding citizen and I never speed now"

upload_2019-7-6_14-3-19.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. As I understand it, they used to but no longer do so. I've got a group policy with Admiral and last year they definitely asked me if I'd been on a speed awareness course. This year at renewal time, they didn't. Which was rather handy because I recently attended a speed awareness course :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  19. They've probably already marked you as a Nazi devil worshipping lunatic for your previous.

• Like Like x 1
  20. They actually beat the competition price wise without the annual dicking around to bat them down a bit....

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information