1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spine / Back Protoector

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Jet Black, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Been looking at the Dainese pro speed back protector. Anyone use it , be grateful for some feedback please.

2. Knox, top of the neck down to that bone above the bum and wide belt fitting....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thread moved

4. ahhh yes, I seem to remember knox from years ago

5. I always go for Forcefield in my jackets that don’t come with back protectors.

6. Forcefield subPro4 is very very good. My local Infinity store sells Forcefield armour to a few film stuntman.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Forcefield protection is exceptional but it’s very very warm to wear.
    I have the Knox as it breaths better.

8. Helite Turtle 2. Bloody expensive back protector but you get a free air bag :joy: Andy

• Like Like x 1
  9. Currently, Sportsbikeshop has 25% off Furygan's standalone airbag: Furygan InMotion airbag gilet. And you can find them for slightly less on eBay (e.g. Furygan InMotion airbag vest for £279.99). While £280 is a chunk of change, it's a helluva good deal for the latest-generation electronic airbag system.

Nowadays, I'd keep my peepers peeled for airbag bargains on eBay. There are utter bargains to be had occasionally (e.g., ex-demo stock), provided you're patient and set up the right eBay alerts.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Plus the 399 for ownership of the software licence or the monthly subscription, the cost of the vest is just cost of hardware, without the software licence you just have a vest with a back protector

11. It's about the price is a set of x-rays.
    Enough said.
    I have a Dainese d air jacket for daily commuting.
    It's heavy, hard wearing, feels completely secure, really well made, comfortable, can be worn over a t-shirt or a thick thermal layering, and under a large goretex coat.
    It cost about £1200 in the sale, and was worth every penny.
    The arm light stopped working, and Dainese took it back, fixed it, and sent the jacket back spotless (as new) without any argument.
    I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Like Like x 1
  12. While you're right about the licencing (about ten quid a month, I think), the total cost seems reasonable for the latest-generation airbag system. I have a different airbag, but InMotion splitting the cost into £280 plus £10/month wouldn't put me off if I were buying again.

However, I'd certainly stick with having a jacked with an integrated airbag. I want a jacket that is close-fitting yet allows my airbag to inflate correctly. And arms lights are invaluable to know my airbag status at a glance.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information