1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spitfire - Hope They Make A Show On This

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Expat Jack, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Beautiful planes and that merlin sounds fucking awesome on full chat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Imagine what a thousand bomber raid would have sounded like

3. Not so good if you were a Dresden resident.:skull:

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Or having a nap :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Nope he's been back there and has price for me,i;ve placed a order for twenty.;)

6. so much stuff on YouTube. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. This is very true. They must have been shitting themselves

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. It's known as " Bombing the crap out of them"...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. The bloody mindedness campaign,signing off with a bang.:fist:

10. Slaughterhouse five is a good read.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Its a book I'll never forget and always own.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I thought for a moment then you're referring to me.;)

13. Get on it, read the classics!

#33 Carr01, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Video of the Dresden raid

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. The paint was completely removed to keep the weight as low as possible... there was a really great feature in the Sunday Times (I think that was the paper) a month or so ago about the project, preparation, etc.. A really great read. Fingers crossed for a televised documentary...

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Some unbelievable numbers on that film commentary. Morbidly fascinating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. currently inebriated but reminded me of the lecture I attended which I think was to celebrate 50 years of the Hurricane at Vickers/BAC can't remember. I hope there is footage of this somewhere. It was possibly the best I ever went to with surviving WWII pilots standing up (at the end of the presentation) to give their account of how (they found) that the Hurricane would pull up after a dive with more stability than a Spitfire, delivered in a pretty cool, matter-of-fact manner in the same way as we on here compare the cornering abilities of some motorbikes. Blew me away.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. The footage showing whole city blocks burning is mesmerising. Many of the bombs dropped (41 tons) were known as fire bombs which were jellyfied petrol and a precusor of napalm. These thing exploded on the way down and incinerated people & buildings instantly.

19. War is never pretty or dignified which is why we should not allow all these wanking millennials to get their own way in removing the war from popular culture, media and Remembrance Day as if we forget then it will happen all over again..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information