1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sportsbike Shop

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by hypermotbloke, May 25, 2021.

1. What's happening with SBS, ordered a helmet and gloves.
    3 days later still not dispatched, cancelled the order.
    I thought suppliers were struggling for customers, seem not so.

2. I think struggling with supply, not customers.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I ordered gloves yesterday but still no
    Dispatch. I’m not desperate but they’re usually Uber efficient.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I’m surprised too. I’ve always received my orders the very next day.

5. Always found them ^^ to be superb for service. Shame it has become more difficult and expensive for me to deal with them now for import duties etc.
    Up to summer last year I was having better delivery and price (delivery to France inc.) than I could get here.

6. My local accessories shop is struggling for stock ATM too, probably industry wide. Cycling outlets are the same from my experience.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. It's the sunlit uplands

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. They're usually spot on. Give them a call?

It probably is a supply issue, however they should notify of that..

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. A little of that but the majority of manufacturing took a big knock back due to the pandemic which from the labels in my stuff appears to be mostly from the Far East.

Then if you have stock not selling in 2020 how much will you order for the following year if you didn’t shift as much as you’d anticipated?

10. Brexit has fucked imports as well. We are having a mare at work. Stuff taking three or four times as much time than usual to turn up

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Brexit was bound to if you’re importing from Europe, Far East less so?

12. Not an ideal time to own a Ducati I tell ya when every fkn thing comes from Italy :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Suez canal affected things a little, but I read that the big problem is containers around the world full of goods we didn't use due to covid, which now mean there is a shortage of available containers to move stuff we do want.

But thats the media. Yesterday they annouced no dentists for three years, and I was at mine an hour ago for routine check up & cleaning...

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. There were huge problems for a lot of companies when lock down hit, I was working at a CDC in August and the manager there said his company had to rent a massive warehouse to unload containers of their product to store.

Everyday the container wasn’t returned they were charged penalties both for non return and storage. It was a very considerable some.

Was your dentist NHS or private though? It’s the NHS practices that are struggling from what I skim read. We were kinda forced to go private as the NHS practice we used changed hands and frankly the ones who took over were brutal when treating you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Seems to be a shortage of numerous things right now. Including skilled workers.

16. And materials ……..Building projects hit by lack of supplies and price rises https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57247757

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I work in procurement for a large Multinational Civil and Military electromechanical Aviation manufacturing company.

And yes, it's tough getting lots of things at the moment, from electronic components to injection moulding powders.
    Welcome to my(stressful) world.

Nasher.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Thats really interesting about the containers and charges. Odd really as when you get off the beaten path (third world countries, islands etc) theres always loads of containers lying about being used as sheds or just rotting away looking ugly...

My dentist is a regular NHS practise. I asked the head receptionist about the recent news articles. She is the head dentists wife, they are owners of the business and are in touch with the other dentists in the area. Her view that whilst there could be some minor delays, and choosing particular dates for treatment would be less easy due to catching up, they did not foresee any significant problems. Though she did add that people who are not registered with a dentist might find it more difficult to get cosmetic -not pain treatment- done in the short term. Hopefully she is right.

I booked my next routine check up whilst I was there -no problem.

19. And unskilled too according to the hospitality industry reports. All those EU workers who left post Brexit will be having an effect.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information