1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sportsbikes: Why Bother?!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by bradders, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Harsh but fair id say.....strange as i like the back of them but not the front....

2. Brad is obviously ready for his elasticated waist slacks and a bag of werthers. I, however am not. As you are all well aware, I am still fabulous.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  3. I've worked it out. When I was younger, I had sports bikes. As I've got older, I hit my late twenties and lost the 30" waist, I moved onto upright bikes. The more and more rotund... the slower. It's not the bikes that are slower, it's the aerodynamics of the pilot o_O

All joking aside, after moving to big KTM supermotos and multis, I did briefly go back on a tuned R1. It was set up perfectly for the track, but just so nervous on anything less than perfect. I feel so much better on the KTM and I don't even back off when it gets a bit loose on a bit of gravel that's been kicked into the middle of a lane.

I think these bikes just have a much wider band of operation compared to sportsbikes. That is of course unless your a nutter with no fear like them TT lot:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Already in the elasticated shizzle, so no change there.

Makes it more important to have a bike that you have like to look at too imho as an occasional use bike (in my case) as well as being good enough performance wise.

I am starting to understand why people have these at-home show bikes that are used so little ;)

#64 bradders, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Them lot that can use all the road and have nothing coming the other way ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. And people say Multistradas are unreliable !

7. Well over 50, but apparently fabulous !! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vanity is a cruel mistress !! ;)

9. I have a charming carriage clock too

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. They only get to see the back anyway ;)

#willywavingemoji#

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. LMAO

12. Indeed, but think of the fun you could have until she broke down !!

13. Biggest problem would. E you'd always be worried a better rider would come along for her ;)

14. Yeah, and he'd probably be on a Multi also !!! :cool:

15. Is that rhyming slang....?

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. I have a sports bike for the 5 minutes in every ride when it all comes together, usually early morning on the Pennines. I will always have one until they are banned.Its a purely selfish hobby so I dont need the comfort of a tourer.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thank you, sticker is off the exhaust now

IMG_1812.JPG

IMG_1853.JPG

IMG_1851.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  18. Generally speaking I'd say each to their own & one day when I fancy a bit of touring, I'll be looking at something like a Multi or an Africa twin but not at the expense of my beautiful 1098S. When you've waited 10 years to buy your dream bike, looks do matter & looks are not something that spring to mind when you see a Multi go past.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ???
    ???
    Do they go past?

Not seen it happen yet

:D

20. Consider it a gift ;) :p

Do Not Sell My Personal Information