1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Sps Brains Trust

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Lucky Pete, Mar 12, 2019.

1. How it works is I give my dealer a limit as to how far I will go and then he makes it happen as its a dealer only auction. In the past he has gone a little more to make a purchase happen but this time the other guy wasnt pulling up and we got past that point. Final sale was ¥806,000 plus the purchase costs which would run about 12% plus delivery from the auction house. Kind of gutted but its not the end of the world and may now just focus on picking up a really clean '94 916 and using the rest of the money to buy another toy unless a 996/998R comes along at the right price. Once again thanks!

2. £5,500 + 12%, £6160 give or take a bit, seems cheap to me. If that’s the price differential across the board I can see why there are some dealers on eBay bringing in imports from Japan on all sorts of bikes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Less that half UK price :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. #24 Lucky Pete, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  5. c.¥145 to the £ today, so multiply the displayed numbers by 68.97 to get the price in £. Using 70 might be easier :) and close enough.

6. Red price is the out the door price. Used car/bike shops are the same all over the world ;)

For the auction prices top figure is hammer price. Allow 8% VAT and about 4% for other costs etc.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Interesting and thanks. Are those miles or km in Japan? Km I guess.

On first glance (at the few Ivlooked at) they all seem significantly cheaper than UK & EU prices. That’s got me thinking now :thinkingface:.

@Exige IYO is there any significant spec difference between UK and JPN Ducs?

8. Yes, they have Ducati belts fitted.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I post to Japan quite a bit ;)

10. Not a clue :)

11. IIRC, some of the emission regulations lead to a seriously weird exhaust set up on some models. My memory tells me someone posted a picture of a Japanese spec 1199 Panigale exhaust a while ago that looked big time UGLY. I think you also have differences in lights being on/off, daytime running. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I thought you knew everything!:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Returning those pre worn panties for a top up :upyeah:

14. You are mixing me up with some slanty perve :eyes:

15. Shhh, if I told you everything so would you :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. All bikes here are in kms unless an import. After an excellent morning snowboarding I feel better about missing that SPS - just... :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Twill weave carbon on a Ducati...grrrr

18. OK so this has just turned up for sale. Advertised as a standard 998 but Im kind of confused as it has a VIN ZDMH200AA2B018*** so am I right in thinking the H = homologation and should indicate its an S or R?

Pics of the bike are in the link below. Doesnt seem to have an SPS plaque on the top tree, has Showa forks etc. Anything in these pics indicate it might indeed be something rather than a run of the mill 998?

http://photozou.jp/photo/list/2100430/9244418

Thanks!

#40 Lucky Pete, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
Do Not Sell My Personal Information