1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SS Gallery

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Rob, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Here's a picture of my SS as it stands now. Hopefully will look slightly different in the future

P8160011.jpg

P8160011.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. What you got planned fella ? pray tell :wink:

3. You don't see many SSs with belly pans! Looks unique. I hate this thread, I am proper embarrassed of the state my bike is in!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi Gillan,

Probably nothing compared to your bike, but here goes.

Bought some Woodcraft rear sets which I'm struggling with the brake set up, superlight rear seat unit, pair of split FCR41's which in the short term I'm setting up on the standard manifolds probably with K&N pod filters.

Bits I've already done, fitted progressive Wilbers springs in the forks (thanks Nog), installaled MTC cans,and a 800SS rear shock, fitted fully floating front disks, FactoryPRO emulsion tubes,springs and needles in the carbs, and the belly pan.

After that its a SilMoto spaghetti exhaust, stronger coils for better sparks. In the course of this I've found out I'm probably going to need a replacement swing arm as the thread inserts at the bottom end have fallen through.

#44 mcr998, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
  5. I wanted to "finish" off the look around the engine without detracting from the engine its self, and I'm glad you like the look, also there are not many of the half faired SS's around either

6. It's good. The SS engine is a nice looking one when it's been kept in good condition. I have a half-faired and all the paint is coming off making it look tatty. SSs aren't made for UK roads. :(

7. What's your issue with the woodcraft, I had some on mine many moons ago ?

8. Couple of issues, Firstly how to locate the spring and get enough tension. I've got it fitted but the action is a little "lazy" to say the least.

The second issue is the original brake rod needs to be cut down - no probs there as I've sourced a replacement through ebay, just need to find the right connector to connect the banjo pressure switch in to the main loom, then I should be good to go.

First impressions on a static fitting are good as my feet now splay out enough and I can still get to the gear shift OK. Probably need to have some "fettling" time but otherwise I might get the rest sorted this weekend if the weather hold off.

9. Wow..Al you've been busy...nice mods.

10. Didn't go as planed. Can't get enough tension in the spring. I've also had to move the rose joint to the outside of the pivot point which now means the rear master cylinder needs to be shimed out to stop the rod grinding in the master cylider.

Now the replacement brake line is too long despite odering one for a 95 900SS. Oh well.....

11. My pretty stock 900ss

At some point in the future I will find a more suitable setting and take some arty snaps - unil then....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  12. PICT0307.jpg

PICT0307.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mine now looks like this.....but for how long, I'm not sure.....

AL.

0166.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  14. She is half naked Al 
    I like the full look

15. Uh...OK......

750.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sweet that's better 

17. But you can't see the polishy bits...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. I like naked! got a pic with her cloths off Al :upyeah:

19. You know they are there 
    Just polish the red bits a bit more 

20. Scroll up a few

AL

Do Not Sell My Personal Information