1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by El Vikingo Tropical, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Sorry but I’m not sure what you mean?
    If you mean a low swingarm mounted plate I don’t like them to much but when it comes to make the bike road legal we have a issue in Spain with where to put the registration plate.
    The thing is that the Spanish law says that the plate has to go further back then the rear wheel, this make things a bit complicated when you want to make a nice rear end at the bike

2. Yep they’re the things, like on diavel. Ugly contraptions.

3. I have fired up the engine today but I had to use the old ST tank as the 999 fuel pump is busted.
    Engine sound great and it’s always a energy impulse when you start the engine on a bike after having it shut down during long time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I bought new oring seal for the lower fuel tank cover at a local hydraulic store to day for 5€.
    I’m also struggling with where to put the licenses plate, ast the Spanish law say it has to end after the rear wheel and can’t have a max angle over 30%

2027DE55-1394-468E-A69A-03438E14F516.jpeg

64CAEC26-C01A-4190-886F-9D5E65A4EC9C.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Top thread, loving your work, great inspiration ! just bought a cheap old multistrada ds1000s to chop up in the near future into some sort of street scrambler thingy, pic.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Can you bend the rules a bit. Bike cops mainly likely to pull you and from my experience are sympathetic to a bit of artistic licence!

7. I have also been looking at the MS1000 for future projects as I think it’s a lovely base,
    It need a new rear frame and fuel tank and.......fun

8. I have to make one bike for the Spanish MOT and then my street version
    To day I’m trying to figure out how the rear end shall be....
    I just can’t make up my mind

300A084A-C6B5-487F-89E1-19D249C5CDCE.jpeg

9. Mmmm
    This is the third seat cover I’m moulding for this bike

C8739321-58FB-40FC-9682-E24756CEB431.jpeg

10. I’m gone use the Termis for legal road use but they just look to long.....
    I chopped off 100mm yesterday and today (after beach) I will clear coat them to get back oem finish that they have lost with the years.

D8ABDC8C-F3D0-4760-B212-8497E5D144A4.jpeg

4FD93C02-6288-4FEB-BCC5-B80065EE3905.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  11. Dear all
    A friend of me came home to purchase my Cagiva Raptor 1000 but when he saw this ST he just wanted it, I told him I wasn’t thinking selling it but he insisted with a to good offer to be refused so buy buy it’s gone!
    Sometimes things doesn’t go as planned!
    Now I doesn’t have this summer toy instead I have cash in my pocket and new ideas for the next one:p

• Like Like x 5
  12. Well.......the suspense is already killing me....you can't keep us waiting......hang on ,this will give me something to see me through the summer holidays...:)

13. What about a suzuki tl1000 with gsxr forks and a ducati/honda/triumph side sided swing arm and then be creative with the body work?

• Like Like x 1
  14. I still have my Raptor 1000 with more or less that preparation, One thing I don’t like at the Raptor is the fuel tank so I’m considering design a new unit...

• Like Like x 3
  15. Impressive build.

16. I concur ...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  17. Looks great!
    I like the concept but not so much the steering-bar!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information