1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St2 Tyre Choices

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by keith_henson, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Afternoon all,

As its a new year and with many trips planned on the ST2, I was looking for some new treads for her as a treat. Ive got a set of Bridgestone Batlax BT023 on her at the moment, and to be honest after about 5000 miles on them, they are not the most confidence building as they slip very easily with little persuasion in the wet and in slightly moist conditions. Ive a set of Metzler Roadtech 01's on my Honda tourer and have been thoroughly impressed with them in all conditions, especially with the trip to Le Mans in May last year which was a mix of all weathers from one extreme to the other. I was thinking of getting a pair for the ST2 as well but wanted to ask opinions before I head off into the internet on a shopping trip.

Many Thanks and Happy New Year

Keith

2. Rubber is rubber. If you find something you like, just go with it :)

Personally, I'm a big fan of PR4s

3. I put Metzeler 01's on my ST4 and I'm very pleased with them.
    One of my bro's has got Conti Sport Attacks on his BMW K1300 and it feels like it's on rails. Recommend either.

Personally I hated the Michelin Pilots I had but that is most likely down to the slight air leak I had with them.

4. Pr3's or 4's

5. 3's.

The 01's are far more confidence inspiring and so are the Conti's.

M7rr's are even better, quicker direction change but less mileage of course.

6. Thanks for the advice chaps, ive gone for a set of the 01's, downside since last year they have gone up 40 quid in price!

Thanks again :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information