1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St3 Smacked!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Jan 21, 2019.

1. It would surely only be provable against you if there was another vehicle involved or reported to/attended by the authorities. Not going to help the OP but sliding off on a corner or dropping the bike off the stand, whilst still being an accident, if you can repair yourself for less than the excess, or in fact somewhat more considering the extra premiums that will follow, what's the risk in not reporting these?

2. If they find out, they’ll nullify your policy and not pay out. Don’t get me wrong, we all do it. Just stating what their intention is in asking such things.

3. Now you've got it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Indeed. If you are sure that an "accident" is not known to insurers as a result of information from you, or from anybody else, or from other insurers, or from the police etc - well then obviously nobody is any the wiser. But if you omit to mention to the insurers something which they know about from another source, then this may cause you problems later.

5. Fully aware of that, if there was a risk of them knowing about it at renewal one would have to 'fess up.

6. Wrong colour BUT I think (haven't checked, yet) that the mirrors don't come painted. Will want a LH mirror if I need it a new one painted anyway. Wot pipes have you got? Mine has DP pipes and the LH one is scratched up at the back - at least. I need to get down to have a look soon. I think that my ankle took most of the hit but dunno if LH footrest and gear lever are OK. I think that the indicators are ok but it all needs checking. I'll be in touch when I have a list...

7. Had a good ride on the Monster to Downton to see my ST3. The plan was to have a visual check and then go for a local ride and fill with petrol. It was in my brother's garage and still wrapped in the police tape. But for some reason, the battery was totally flat. Dunno why because I had keys and steering was not locked so parking lights could not be on.

Anyway, took off some of fairing and my brother has a Halfords charger that was suitable. Battery was charging up without any issue but did not have time to get in enough charge to turn over engine.

Damage seems to be left hand mirror (which I knew about) and then some very light scratching on exhaust - which I reckon may polish out. The left handlebar is not marked but seems to be moved inwards as it would touch the tank on full lock. I am guessing that it took the weight of the bike when it fell over. I am hoping that it will just be a case of loosening the screws that clamp it to the fork and then move it back.

If this is all then the consensus is that I am a lucky sod.

The car that I hit have never got in touch. I knew that the guy who sold me my house was into bikes but I didn't realise
    that he was an ex-bike cop. Saw him the other day and he said that he would of done me for due care and attention!

8. You should have said you found £500 under the floorboards....miserable git

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bless you and your here to tell the tale that’s the main thing :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information