1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St3s Value

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by Greeb, May 25, 2014.

1. Sadly I have to let go of my prized ST3s - one of only 50 in the country. It is a 2006 wet clutch in senna grey/red wheels with full service history and 13k. Close to mint condition. Bought it from Ducati Leeds in 2011 in a part ex deal when it was priced around £5600. Since then I have fitted the full ducati performance carbon exhaust system which is no longer available but is listed at more than £1700. I sourced it in the US.
    As you know these are rare and exceptionally good bikes and this is a beauty with the holy grail of a DP system to boost the performance to st4s levels. I have had an ebay notified search running for the past 2 years and I think only one has come up for sale. I am tempted to do an ebay auction but reckon that because they are rare and need a knowledgeable buyer to fully appreciate a short auction may just pass people by. Anyone got any thoughts about a sensible classified ad price say within a couple of hundred quid of what it might go for ? Obviously anyone interested just let me know and I can provide more details.
    Interested in your views
    cheers
    David

#1 Greeb, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
  2. Unfortunately the DP parts would not add value,paperwork,service history and condition are key. I would say on a good day £4000 tops and £3750 more likely,good luck.

3. Agreed

4. Thanks for the reply. Looks as though the two st3 (not s) currently on ebay at 4k and 4,300 could be overpriced. very nice st4s went recently around 4200. pity these bikes are still not really appreciated/ valued outside their owners cliques - peaky old two strokes are more in demand. I am guessing that ownership cost still is a drag on demand. It is great condition with full service history so I might roll the dice on an auction.

5. I sold my ST4s recently,alot of possible buyers wanted a bike with the panniers too.

6. Nooooooooooo don't do it. :-(

7. Definitely wavering on this. will get it serviced and then see how it fits in with other bikes. Basically I've bought a triumph trophy and been blown away by its combination of long distance comfort and handling in the twisties. I can easily see how I might regret selling the ST because the DP exhausts add so much in terms of sound and performance that finding another bike in future in this condition and spec might be difficult. Will keep you advised where this ends up !

8. I sold my st4s,regretted it and then spent 3 years trying to buy it back again.

I did as well ! eventually

9. I have a 999 and the st3 is my favourite .Does it all and and it's taking me to the tt next week.

10. not often you hear triumph trophy and handling in the same line.
    mine was a bag o shite compared to my st.

11. Are you talking about the old Trophy or the 2012 onwards new model ? Have not heard one bad word said about my new one's handling - now electronic gremlins that's another matter..... Whilst I am a big fan of my st3s I have to say that it's handling is more 1990's generation sports bike than truly comparable with anything really modern.

• Like Like x 1
  12. no,only had older ones,i take it theyve remoddelled the whole bike then as all the older ones were just barges.
    i do like the triple engines but there were some hideous bikes coupled to them in the past,the trophy being the worst i found,spesh with full panniers n a pillion.

saying that the st3 must of had something amiss if its out handled by a touring tank round the bendies.
    those arent gremlins theyre "character" ,though anything after '98(possibly earlier even) isnt a triumph anyway(a good thing and bad thing),just a collection of parts imported and "airfixed" over here,so electrics will be shared with alsorts of makes now i imagine. ;)

ill stick to my st methinks,never a gremlin in sight ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Let me know I you decide to sell. I might be interested if the moons align.

14. Thanks -will do - but pretty much decided that I 'll be keeping it at least till end July so I can compare with some other bikes I'm interested in.

15. No worries I'm not in a position to buy immediately anyway, would need a garage "re shuffle" so just keep me in mind please I you do decide to sell

16. I have decided to put the St3s up for sale since it is not getting used having bought an Aprilia Rs250 this summer. Will be putting on ebay , bike trader , MCN. Feel free to contact me before hand. Strangely after a 2 year drought 3 have come up recently, the latest with full DP exhaust system like mine optimistically at £5450. I am thinking £4450 for mine.

17. Sold to a good bloke from Warrington for £4295 within first couple of days. Also had someone ring up and offer full asking price without viewing. The other St3s advertised at £5450 has also sold for something less than this I suspect.
    Enjoy your ST's guys it's a great bike - I'm off to tour on a Triumph Trophy 1200 and razz about on an Aprilia RS250.
    Bye
    David

18. Out of interest, where did you advertise to get such a good response? I am thinking about selling mine now that I've had the belts done and got a new MOT.

19. Ebay classified ad

20. Thanks, maybe if I'm quick I'll catch some of the guys who were interested in yours.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information