1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stalled It Climbing Curb - Engine Warning Light On :(

Discussion in 'Monster' started by dubcat, Jul 28, 2019.

1. A1014DDD-D379-448B-8B44-3C4B6E25E696.jpeg I was trying to avoid a deep puddle. I put the front wheel against the curb and tried to climb it. Rolled back and stalled it. Got over on second go but engine warning light is on now :( Any idea what I’ve done? Got a track day in two days! :(

2. Computer says no.

3. Seriously stressing out now - at work all day tomorrow and track day is on Wednesday.

4. Disconnect battery for a bit, see if it clears?

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. You've got it set in Touring mode, it's an R, it doesn't like that:p

On a serious note, does it still rev and run OK? Do you not have a mode on the dash that tells you what the fault is or gives a code? In the first instance I'd follow Wade's advice ^^ could just be combination of extreme wet from the obviously deep puddle and therefore presumably rain and the stalling.

6. Bike didn't get wet at all - wasn't raining (we just have this crappy bit in our close where water doesn't drain). It ran just fine the rest of the way up the drive. I'll check to see if there is a fault diagnosing view on the dash tomorrow.

It's in touring mode but I've upped engine power to full :) I just have it in there to increase traction control and ABS. My race mode is exactly the same power and dash layout but with less traction control.

7. What is it with you and this bike
    Don’t you like it :D

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Give it three starts and get it up to temp then let it cool and it should clear if there is no real fault. ECU has checked it three times and has found the fault has gone, if it's still lit I'd go and see a stealer. I'm not 100% certain it will work on a Ducati but it does on my MZ1000.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. yip, i was gonna post that earlier but got sidelined. three drive cylces without error will offten put a Mil light out.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Good news !!! I ran the engine until the temp got to 90c. I then let it cool. Went to do the second cycle of getting it up to temp and the engine warning light had gone! Thanks guys :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Are you sure the bulb hasn't blown...?! ;)

• Funny Funny x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information