1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Stalling Fixed.....for Now

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by tater, May 6, 2016.

1. After suffering the stalling issue when the bike was up to temp, and not starting without the throttle being cracked open a bit i decided to do something about it.

Read all the various posts on here and other forums about what needs to be done, decided i didnt have the time or the mechanical know how to fix it and dropped the bike into M & S in Newcastle. All in all they quoted 3 hours labour to do timing, TPS, throttle bodies and Co2, so worked out at about £180. First proper run out last night and it managed to not stall at all!

Happy camper, although the garage did say prior to carrying out the work, that this is a known issue with the 749 and in a small number of cases the above works had not cleared the issue.

#1 tater, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Fingers crossed... :)

3. Yes, I can see that they might balance the throttle bodies but what would they do to the timing??

4. All i have is an invoice to go from. sorry cant answer the queries :(

5. CJS will be doing mine soon hopefully once booked in. ECU is changed slightly for timing at idle, that's what I thought Chris said on the phone anyway. :)

6. I'm having the exact same issues aswell, I'm managing to learn to ride with it for now, my question is will it do any damage riding it with the stalling and bad idle situation?

7. Early 749/749s had cam timing issues as in setup slightly wrong. A proper setup would clear stalling issues.

• Like Like x 1
  8. This is happening to mine too. Very embarrassing at the front of a queue at traffic lights it can just die on me. Also letting the rpms drop before a slow turn. I will see what I can find about doing some of the work myself.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information