1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Standard Or S

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by iang27, Oct 3, 2018.

1. I rented an S for WDW2018 and we were two up for most of the week. Sublime in town and also on the twisties up in the mountains around Tavullia. Very complicit, great low speed handling and throttle response and a great touring bike. For long distance riding and comfort I'd buy one (too short to ride a Multistroodle) but definitely ditch the asthmatic sounding OEM exhaust. It sounds sh*te as a bone stocker. What impressed me the most was the throttle control around the tortuous turns, often necessitating having to negotiate acute off camber bends at almost full lock, which has never been generous on a Ducati. Made that much more difficult with a passenger and full luggage, but the bike coped admirably well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I bought the S, not because I tested them back to back and made an informed judgement, but because the road surfaces near me are awful and I would be forever wondering if the S would be coping better.

Paying the extra for the better product is momentary pain but the result will bring pleasure for years. I took that pain last year and have enjoyed every ride over that year, I hope to enjoy many more.

3. I bought the base model because I don't think I need the Öhlins and certainly no need for a quickshifter and I can do without the seat cowl. I used the money saved to buy panniers and heated grips which are much more useful to me (rather annoyingly they are currently giving the pannier free with a new bike).

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information