1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering Damper Feels Useless Now

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Ryan, Jul 1, 2018.

1. i was at the Isle of Man for the TT and Bike was great felt great running great done about 800miles all in from the trip.

After a few days returning from Isle of Man I took the bike out for a small run locally and felt almost instantly the front end was floating was really loose.

I stopped and checked and I don’t feel and resistance off the OEM steering damper has anyone else experienced this?

Can you get it serviced

Not keen on buy8ng an ohlins one as I think the OEM one was sufficient for what I needed but I just don’t like it the way it is just now front end floats when I open it up.

2. You can normally service them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just replace it. I have one going spare or look on ebay. Usally £40/50. Servicing will cost more than that, if they can be serviced!

• Like Like x 1
  4. As far as I can tell, the oem steering damper on my 999 works on air pressure.
    I removed it once and put the washer back on the wrong way round, which instantly made itself felt.
    I put the washer back the right way round, so it was acting as a seal again and all was well.
    I suggest you check out the washer to make sure it's still sealing

• Like Like x 1

5. Would you be interested in selling your spare one

6. Thanks I will have a look at that check this out

7. Yeah sure, let me know how you get on with your fix!

8. I stripped it off and found that it just needed a nip must have loosened with vibration all good and back to steering the way it did cheers buddy

9. So, air seal restored :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes mate thanks for your help

Do Not Sell My Personal Information