1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steve Jordan Or Protwins For Suspension Setup?

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by Freerange_egg, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Or even Pete hickman!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Brett is the majority share holder,the other two can't out vote him.

3. Or get him to behave ....

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. He just might be watching and reading this one.:no_mouth:;):upyeah:

5. And I give f*** because ????

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. You might not but i'm still a customer that pops in for advice,help & service bits etc.:upyeah:

7. That's cool, and I haven't told anyone not to go there, in fact have praised Rob, not sure why my opinion impacts your relationship with them or am I missing something ? I haven't asked anyone to agree with me, just answered a direct question. In fact in Post #12 of this thread you wanted to know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Couldn't agree more with Dibble.......I had the misfortune to encounter Brett on two separate occasions neither as a customer, I was there purely to give a lift home while my buddy dropped off his bike, first time, I was just looking at a 888 when a chap came up behind me and started treating me like a small child with all the usual don't touch crap, (of course I was not about to touch it) no idea who he was so wrote it off put it down to him just having a bad day.
    Discussing the incident on the way home my buddy just laughs and says "OH that will be Brett he can be a bit funny"
    Similar thing happened a week or so later when returning to pick up the bike, must confess took quite a lot restraint not to just punch him, however I have never since and will never again go there or recommend them while he is around.
    Absolute first class ****

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. That's fair enough:upyeah:,but every company needs a shark in their armoury......and he's that.;)

10. He's not though and he only gets away with it because its his business, in the real world he wouldn't be tolerated, so many vendors out there these days that dealing with his type is no longer necessary to get what the customer wants.

Anyway, enough of this, did @Freerange_egg (ps love the user name) book anywhere in the end ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. He's not been seen for one day,so who knows.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. +1 for Steve Jordan, has made a night and day difference to my last bike and took my 1299 there a couple of weeks ago and it transformed the bike

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. It transpires Steve Jordan's fully booked for weeks, and ProTwins is fairly busy too. So, I might have a fiddle :p myself, and then try ProTwins depending how things go.

:idea:I see P&H also offers a suspension setup service. But I've no idea what they're like for suspension?

14. Yeah I had to wait seven weeks for SJ, booked in pretty much the moment I bought the bike. As much as I watched hours of Dave Moss videos and played around, I made things better as it was totally soft before with basically no damping at all, but still such a difference with being set up by a pro

• Like Like x 1
  15. @Freerange_egg - as a start point, you can make sure the settings are all set to the book values, including static sag.
    This will give you a good start point from which to work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Thanks @RickyX :upyeah:

I have them set at book values now - despite these settings being terrible for an Xdiavel on bumpy roads! (It bottoms out regularly on the great British B-road.) But I'm having a bit of a struggle with static sag when there's only one of me available. I need a clone :) !

17. You need a mate. Or maybe meet up with another forum member at a cafe for a coffee and bring the couple of tools you need :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. He just said he aint got no mates...

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. This forum is a perfect place to find one ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information