1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steve Jordan Or Protwins For Suspension Setup?

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by Freerange_egg, Aug 22, 2020.

1. I've had limited contact with Brett, but he has always been perfectly civil and helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  2. He must have been having an off day .....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Spending on a new bike were you?

as others have said, all the pro twins blokes are great, and rob is an absolute star, but brett... fuck me gently, if you’re not there to put 50k down on a new bike you’re not worth the steam off his piss. I’ve been on the brunt of his open contempt a couple of times and its enough to really resent spending money there. However, they’d wipe their arses with what id spend so I’m sure that I'm the sort of customer who they wouldn’t care for.

He/ they’re very fortunate to have some amazingly high net worth clients so can afford to speak to everyone else like a complete wanker.

Steve Jordan is always busy and books weeks in advance, but like Dibble I’d rather wait for 2 months for steve than give the other one a dime.

Steve and his wife sarah both raced and know their onions, and there’s a genuine desire to see you right rather than juice you dry.

it seems harsh to say but for me he’s literally offset the good work done by the others, especially Rob who is a top bloke.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. i'd go Steve Jordan, I've known Steve and Sarah since 2003 racing with BEMSEE, Steve set up my S1000RR when i replaced the electronic suspension and it was pretty much spot on straight away, he also set up my Panigale V4 when i swapped standard suspension for Ohlins, only managed 2 rides since due to lockdown and its very close to perfect as a start point

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. An oldish thread I know, but thought it would be worth providing some balance in favour of ProTwins (specifically, Brett).

I've known Brett and the team for nearly 30 years. I was there on Saturday and had a long chat with Brett which was great. In all those years I've bought one used bike from them and had some service work done which is always good.
    Always a good experience there and great knowledge on the 888 and other desmoquattro bikes.

For suspension, MCT in Stowmarket are good - was chatting to Darren today and he told me that he only had two slots left this year!!

6. "An oldish thread I know, but thought it would be worth providing some balance in favour of ProTwins (specifically, Brett).

I've known Brett and the team for nearly 30 years. I was there on Saturday and had a long chat with Brett which was great. In all those years I've bought one used bike from them and had some service work done which is always good."

Each to their own as ever but putting another slant on it then, if Pro-Twins consisted of Rob only, then i'd be shopping there regularly. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information