1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Stiff Brake Lever

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Duke300, Apr 10, 2019.

1. What year is yours Steve

2. I’m just wondering if, in draining it to empty, a small bit of muck/dust off the top of the cylinder cap, or from around the cylinder cap screws, fell into the fluid and has ended up partially blocking the return port as suggested by @Chris above? It’s an unfortunate coincidence if so :(, let’s hope it’s something simpler. Have you tried pumping the brake lever whilst the bike is static? Does that cause them to seize as well?

3. It's a 1998 model.

4. what a difference a year makes, you'd think, just for ease of manufacturing and assembling, they'd keep them the same year to year. I can only assume an accountant decided that if they ditched the adjusting grub screw they'd save 200 lire per bike. Multiply by 25,000 bikes (a guess for '98), saves 5 million Lire! which in real money would have been about 2 bags of Wotsits ;)

5. Just found one of my original levers, it has the adjuster just like my aftermarket one's.
    DSC_0003.JPG
    Steve
    Ps have you sorted the problem yet.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information